ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Earnings/Savings

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tastylentils

EEA Family Permit Earnings/Savings

Post by tastylentils » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 am

Hi guys,

I've recently seen refusals for permits based on earnings being insufficient. Can someone please tell me how much is not enough? To be plain i'm talking about those doing the Surrinder Singh route. I've never seen any figure that acts as a threshold anywhere. Now, it was my understanding that an application shouldn't/couldn't be assessed on financial grounds.But obviously, a small thing like EU law is not going to get in the way of the home office.

Has anyone worked out exactly what financial criteria they're basing their decisions? I've been in a full time job and supporting myself just fine, but I can't say it pays particularly well. I'm thinking of applying a few months time and the idea that i might be clobbered by some kind of invisible threshold, to secret to mention but enough deny me and my partners move is a sickening thought.