ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: NI number on SET(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranav.vaidya

Urgent: NI number on SET(O) form

Post by pranav.vaidya » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi,

I entered the UK in Jan 2010 as Tier-2 (ICT), later I switched to Tier-1. In Oct 2012, my role was made redundant however I found another job and continued.

In this process my ex-employer informed Works & Pensions Dept, HMRC that I'm no longer employed and they cancelled my NI.
I had re-apply for a new NI and since then all contributions are going into the new NI.

On SET(O) form HO asks you enter your NI which I believe will be my current NI number.

My query is would it affect that I had 2 NI in last 5 years? Why does the HO ask for your NI?

This is very urgent as I'm applying to PEO next week. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

spzenthil

Re: Urgent: NI number on SET(O) form

Post by spzenthil » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:51 am

I don't think there will be a problem in just putting your second NI number in the form. Since you are going for PEO if the case worker have any doubts they will ask you and you can provide an explanation of the same. Carry the previous NI number and if you received any letter from NI about the cancellation with you. If they ask provide it or else leave it. All the best.