ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 Days Unpaid Absence from UK: ILR via Tier 2 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mad_man_3175
Newly Registered

8 Days Unpaid Absence from UK: ILR via Tier 2 (General)

Post by mad_man_3175 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:40 am

Hi All,

I would be very grateful if anyone can clarify this for me. I am applying for ILR (Tier 2 General route) next week. For my list of absences from the UK (Section 6.2 of form SET(O)), 8 days were unpaid. I went on holiday back home, but because at that time I used up all of my holiday allowance, my company granted me 8 days unpaid leave (upon my request).

My question is: does this cause a problem for my ILR application?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mad_man_3175 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad_man_3175
Newly Registered

Re: 8 Days Unpaid Absence from UK: ILR via Tier 2 (General)

Post by mad_man_3175 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:07 pm

I am really struggling to find any information from the rules to say that this breaks the continuity period for ILR. Please can anyone give any advice as to whether that would cause a problem?

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

How long is the total holiday in that period? Are you crossing more than 180 days in a particular year?

If you are getting letter from employer about your leave have they mentioned anything about this leave?

Cheers,
-Senthil

mad_man_3175
Newly Registered

Post by mad_man_3175 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. The total number of days during that period was 20 (8 of them was unpaid). This is also the total number of days out of the UK for that particular year, so no I am not going over the 180 days limit.

I am getting a letter from my employer detailing all my absences from work and yes this absence is mentioned, but it is not mentioned as unpaid. Would that be an issue?

Would that period of unpaid leave cause a break in continuity? Please advise.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

According to the Tier-2 policy guidance, you can take unpaid (authorised by your employer) leave of upto a month in any calender year, without any action needed from your employer in reporting it via sponsor management system 9for getting your leave curtailed).
So, this means, it will no reset your ILR clock.
You may need to get this mentioned in your employer absence letter though.

tristanintheuk
India

Post by tristanintheuk » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:38 pm

mad_man_3175 wrote:Thank you for your reply. The total number of days during that period was 20 (8 of them was unpaid). This is also the total number of days out of the UK for that particular year, so no I am not going over the 180 days limit.

I am getting a letter from my employer detailing all my absences from work and yes this absence is mentioned, but it is not mentioned as unpaid. Would that be an issue?

Hi, I have the exactly same situation with you and worrying the same thing. I've read through all home office docs I can find but still haven't find anything useful. Did you successfully obtain your ILR? How you filled the Section 6.2 of form SET(O)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:43 pm

tristanintheuk wrote:
mad_man_3175 wrote:Thank you for your reply. The total number of days during that period was 20 (8 of them was unpaid). This is also the total number of days out of the UK for that particular year, so no I am not going over the 180 days limit.

Hi, I have the exactly same situation with you and worrying the same thing. I've read through all home office docs I can find but still haven't find anything useful. Did you successfully obtain your ILR? How you filled the Section 6.2 of form SET(O)?
You have already been asked yesterday to refrain from tagging onto and digging up old threads.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/query-on-unp ... l#p1471379
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.