ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Query about Naturalisation

Post by Miky » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Good afternoon,
Sorry if posted in the wrong section I searched all forum but couldn't find anything similar to my situation.
My Colombian spouse was issued with Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National on the 05/02/2009 with expire date 05/02/2014.
In September 2009 her Colombian passport was expiring and She renewed but had to send it back to Home Office.
The Home Office issued a new Residence Card in her new Passport on the 30/11/2009 with expire date 30/11/2014.
Can she apply for a naturalisation considering that her first Residence card had expire date February 2014? Or she needs to wait another year as per her second Residence Card expire date?
Thank you
Miky

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Query about Naturalisation

Post by milan69 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Miky wrote:Good afternoon,
Sorry if posted in the wrong section I searched all forum but couldn't find anything similar to my situation.
My Colombian spouse was issued with Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National on the 05/02/2009 with expire date 05/02/2014.
In September 2009 her Colombian passport was expiring and She renewed but had to send it back to Home Office.
The Home Office issued a new Residence Card in her new Passport on the 30/11/2009 with expire date 30/11/2014.
Can she apply for a naturalisation considering that her first Residence card had expire date February 2014? Or she needs to wait another year as per her second Residence Card expire date?
Thank you
Miky
It is the duration of marriage that matters, not the residence card. As long as she has been married to you for 5years and you have been execising treating right during the 5 year period , she should be able to apply. Hope this helps.

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 pm

milan69 wrote:I hope this may help:

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20041 ... vice_ncs/7

Very interesting link Thank you very much..

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm

It is the duration of marriage that matters, not the residence card. As long as she has been married to you for 5years and you have been execising treating right during the 5 year period , she should be able to apply. Hope this helps.
Hi jamesjames thank you i didn't know about that so we got married in June 2009 and been living together since then.
I have been and working in the united kingdom since 1999 can prove it with P60s.
But what about her Permanent Residence doesn't she need to have PR status for 12 months before apply for Naturalisation? If so I assume that she have to wait until June 2015.