ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for ILR- applying from India

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krish1989

Dependent Visa for ILR- applying from India

Post by krish1989 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 am

Hi,

My situation:

I am on ILR at the moment (ILR issued in Dec 2014). I got married in Mar 2012 and was on Tier-1 general during that time. My wife came to the UK on dependent visa and was here till Nov 2014. Her dependent Visa was valid till Jan 2015 but did not stay here with me to apply for ILR dependent visa along with me in Dec 2014. Our kid was born in the UK in Oct 2014 and my wife and kid traveled to India in Nov 2014.

Now I need to apply for dependent Visa for both my wife and my kid. The questions I have are

1. Which Visa do I need to apply for my wife
2. My son only has Indian passport at the moment, which Visa do I need to apply for him.
3. Do I need to have maintenance of funds in my bank account to apply visas for them
4. Imagining that my wife gets the dependent visa and comes to the UK, can I apply ILR for her later here
5. can I apply for British citizenship for the baby from India, or do I need to do that from the UK
6. What documents do I need for this whole process
7. How long will the visas take to get approved

Thanks in advance

cfdman

Re: Dependent Visa for ILR- applying from India

Post by cfdman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 am

Your wife PBS dependent visa is no more relevant. She needs to apply as a dependent of setled person.
Last edited by cfdman on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:48 am

krish1989 wrote: 1. Which Visa do I need to apply for my wife
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
krish1989 wrote: 2. My son only has Indian passport at the moment, which Visa do I need to apply for him.
Same as your wife. However, since he was born in UK, you can directly register him as british and obtain a passport directly.
But, this may take slightly more time i guess. Not sure how long.
krish1989 wrote: 3. Do I need to have maintenance of funds in my bank account to apply visas for them
Yes. see
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
krish1989 wrote: 4. Imagining that my wife gets the dependent visa and comes to the UK, can I apply ILR for her later here
Yes. But after she spends five years probation period, not imeediately (Note, her PBS visa/stay was no more relevant since the visa got expired whilst she was outside UK).
krish1989 wrote: 5. can I apply for British citizenship for the baby from India, or do I need to do that from the UK
Yes you can do that from India as well.
krish1989 wrote: 6. What documents do I need for this whole process
For you son's citizenship, you may need his original full UK birth certificate, a copy of your ILR/passport and your marriage certificate. See MN1 form and guide for filling MN1 form for more info.
krish1989 wrote: 7. How long will the visas take to get approved
Not sure. Could be less than couple of months? At max, it can take upto six months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 am

krish1989 wrote:5. can I apply for British citizenship for the baby from India, or do I need to do that from the UK
Yes you can do that from India as well.
MN1 applications are done in the UK not abroad. Child is not automatically British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 am

hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have another question though which I need some clarity over.

"
3. Do I need to have maintenance of funds in my bank account to apply visas for them

Yes. see
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf"

That link only talks about meeting the financial requirement (unless I am totally getting this wrong)which is around 20K annual salary which I qualify for.

I just need to know whether I need money in bank account to show that I can support my family here in the UK.

Can you please let me know?

Thanks again for the reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 am

You need to meet the financial requirement listed earnings. No minimum balance needed for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be utterly dumb here,

"No minimum balance needed for example.", does that mean I dont need to have maintenace in my bank account (like £800 per dependent) for a period of 90 days.

As mentioned, my annual salary does qualify the financial requirement mentioned in the link but I dont have a lot of money in the account in case any maintenance is required.

Sorry to be asking again but need to get this absolutely right as I need to apply for the visas as soon as I can

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am

If you are apply for a spouse visa on VAF4A, you only need to meet the income/financial requirement and provide all the proofs related to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:42 am

sorry I am not great with the jargon here, not sure what the VAF4 means here.

As mentioned, my wife was on tier-1 dependent visa here for more than 2 years, she first came to the UK in May 2012 and her dependent visa expired in Jan 2015 whilst she was in India.

Now, I am on ILR and does that mean its the VAF4 that I need to apply for her (in which case I dont need to worry about maintenance)

and since my baby was born in UK and is now in India (with an Indian passport only), which visa do I need to apply for the baby and does that require ant maintenance of funds.

Thanks

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi,

I need some urgent help on the documentation required for settlement visas for my wife and kid. Here is what I think I will be collating together. Please let me know if I am missing anything

1. Fill Online application form
2. Bank statements - 12 months
3. Pay slips - 12 months
4. Appendix 2 form
5. Sponsorship undertaking form
6. P60s - last few years
7. Tenancy agreement
8. Employer contract
9. Passport size photogragh
10. Utility bills - last few months
11. my passport and ilr copy
12. marriage certificate
13. my wife's MSC certificate (she studied in the UK) for English language requirement

Apart from the above, even though I have filled in the online application do I still need to fill in the VAF4 application. if yes, do I need two application forms (one for my baby and one for my wife).

do I need to take 2 appointments in vfs website

would my wife has to undergo a TB test?

is there any document that I am missing here. Can you please let me know as I have already bought the tickets for travel on 16/05 and would like to apply as soon as possible.

Thanks