ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Residency Route questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cameron326
Newly Registered

EU1 Residency Route questions

Post by Cameron326 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi, wonder if anyone can provide a bit of advice. My non-EU wife recently applied for residency under the "self-sufficient" EU1 route.

We provided evidence of around €50,000 in savings in accounts in my wifes name, as well as comprehensive health insurance for both of us.

Question 1 is:
Is this figure likely to be consideed sufficient for my wife to be granted 5 years residency in Ireland?

My next question is a bit complex. As I said above, we applied under the self-sufficiency route. However, we are Likely going to be de moving address in Ireland and starting a business franchise in June. This, I guess, would then count as me being "self-employed". My worry is that if I contact the Immigration Office in June with evidence of my/our new employment status (as we are technically supoosed to do), this may actually work against - as am I right on thinking they would then ask for 6 months accounts figures - thus setting back my wife being granted residency by six months. The EU citizen being employed is supposed to be a good thing, but in our case could it turn into a negative, effectively making us need to reapply?

So I guess my second question is:

Would I be better not informng the powers that be of the change on our circumstances and just wait for the decisikn on our "self-sufficient" application in August? Or is it better to be up front about our new job as soon as I sign the franchise contract and accept that it could then delay the process? Thanks in advance.

jeupsy

Re: EU1 Residency Route questions

Post by jeupsy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Answering you first question is really difficult. Unfortunately there has never been any clear definition of what self-sufficient means, and I don't think too many people have applied using that route due to the lack of clarity. If you don't mind posting here once you know more about the outcome it would be great. Has your wife already received her temporary Stamp 4? If yes that would be a good first step as it would mean your application was deemed to contained all the necessary documentation to be reviewed.

As per your second question, in my opinion if you are starting your own business and can provide evidence of having setup that business and having some cash inflow even for just a month, it would definitely be beneficial to you wife's application (they can say you are not self-suffucient and there is nothing you can do to argue against it, but they can't see you are not self employed of it is clear you do have your own business).

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Not sure about 2nd question but re: first question,a person I met online got his stamp4eufam 5 years and they showed 20,000 euros as self sufficient. This was the case in 2012. So i think 50,000 euros should be enough, but like jeupsy said there is no hard figure given out.

Cameron326
Newly Registered

Post by Cameron326 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Many thanks for suggestions and advice. Any other thoughts warmly welcomed!

pearlinoceana
Newly Registered

Post by pearlinoceana » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Am I right in thinking that being Sponsor of a non EEA spouse,
its Sponsor who needs to be in some sort of economic activity as either employed, self employed, student or Self sufficient basis.

So in this case if Sponsor is responsible he or she needs to be self sufficient so money should be in sponsors account.(in my opinion)
and they dont need to be change the activity later without a reason I guess.

any comments will be appreciated