ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz advice me on student visa extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faraday
Newly Registered

Plz advice me on student visa extension

Post by faraday » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm

I have applied for student visa extension and rejected due to working as
a 'self employed interpreting 8-10 hours perweek' basis (mentioned by me in my covering letter, i mentioned this on safe side because i am not doing any job for long time and i thought if they review my bank details i will be rejected due to lack of enough funds.)but i never worked.so now they gave me a chance to appeal by the end of this month.plz guide how to proceed.any advice would be heartfully appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Plz advice me on student visa extension

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm

faraday wrote:I have applied for student visa extension and rejected due to working as
a 'self employed interpreting 8-10 hours perweek' basis (mentioned by me in my covering letter, i mentioned this on safe side because i am not doing any job for long time and i thought if they review my bank details i will be rejected due to lack of enough funds.)but i never worked.so now they gave me a chance to appeal by the end of this month.plz guide how to proceed.any advice would be heartfully appreciated.
I think you shot yourself in the foot, your not allowed to be self employed on a student visa. Even though you've not actually done it you've aroused their suspicion.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Plz advice me on student visa extension

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:43 pm

I agree with wanderer. Also it is clear that when U apply for Student Visa that U should be able to maintain yoursleves without the need to work. So, by mentioning that U will be supporting yourselves while working part time is even make your case look worse.
Wanderer wrote:
faraday wrote:I have applied for student visa extension and rejected due to working as
I think you shot yourself in the foot, your not allowed to be self employed on a student visa. Even though you've not actually done it you've aroused their suspicion.
Pantaiema

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:12 pm

I am sorry to say, but your appeal will be dismissed. You made the worst statement ever.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:04 am

I agree with all the above. Your statement is in breach of the Immigration Rules.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.