ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via EEA PR route (passport doesn't cover 5 ye

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stanik

Naturalisation via EEA PR route (passport doesn't cover 5 ye

Post by stanik » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi, can someone please advice, for EEA national with PR (Permanent Residence) status for more than 1 year, how to prove 5 years lawful residency in UK if passport does not cover all 5 years?
Is PR enough to prove residency plus last 1 year of passport, or payslips?
Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation via EEA PR route (passport doesn't cover

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 pm

One of the options would be to use your P60's to cover those years.

stanik

Post by stanik » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. But if I supplied all 5 years p60's proving PR status before, what the point to send them again?
Ok, I do not have passport covering all years, but PR already proved these years. Even having EEA pasport covering all years it doesn't proving those years either.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Providing the same evidence again does seem to be a repetition. I don't know what the precise requirements are when it comes to applying through the EEA route. However, when it comes to showing/proving that you were normally and lawfully resident in the UK what would be accepted are any documents issued in an official capacity. Some examples that come to mind are.... Passport/PR/ILR document indicating you have the right to lawfully reside in the UK, P60's, payslips which show you have been employed and paid taxes over the given residence period in the UK, Bank statements, Utility bills, Council tax bills, Registration with a GP, Electroral roll registration if applicable... Etc...

I do see several others who have posted similar posts & there is FAQ (q5/q6) sticky thread which may also help you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 80635.html

stanik

Post by stanik » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks a lot for these links! Very helpful.

janto

Post by janto » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 pm

I had my NCS appointment today, applying on the basis of being married to a BC (went down EEA3 route first to get my "document certifying permanent residence"). The lady wanted proof of 5 years' residency (luckily I'd brought 5 years' worth of documents just in case even though 3 should have been enough - am I correct?) and said they accepted only P60s, SA statements of account for the self-employed or benefit letters. I'm self-employed but have no statements for two of the five years as I didn't owe anything and consequently HMRC didn't send me statements (they are numbered sequentially so it's clear that there are none missing). Based on what I had read on this forum I brought along the SA statements I have, council tax bills, water bills, a letter from HMRC, a letter about jury service etc. She said none of these would be accepted but agreed to send everything anyway. She was also talking about treaty rights however... This whole EEA thing just seems too confusing for everyone!

Anyway, just wanted to say you should be fine with your P60s. Just send them again, who cares if they should technically be asking for them or not as long as you get your approval. :wink: