ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent over 18 - Working

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harshitha.malladi
Newly Registered

Dependent over 18 - Working

Post by harshitha.malladi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello

My family moved to the UK 5 years ago and now we are ready to apply for Indefinite Leave to remain in April 2015. My dad's visa was Tier 2 ICT and we (mom, bro and myself) were his Tier 2 Dependents. I am 20 years old now. Please note that I was under 18 when I was first issued Visa and moved into the UK

Our Visas were extended for a couple of years in 2014. I was over 19 during the application procedure.

My Tier 2 dependent visa had no job restrictions on it, therefore I chose to do an apprenticeship in a corporate company (I live with my parents though, they pay most of my expenses) after my A levels rather than going to a Uni as an International Student which I can't afford at this point in time.

We are currently under the process of filling our ILR applications and my questions are :

1. Can I apply mine with the rest of the family as a dependent of my dad (like my mom and younger brother)? Or should mine be done as a separate application for ILR 18+ dependent? (Although I was under 18 when my first Visa was stamped)
2. Do I also need to be in full time education to be able to apply for ILR?

I have passed my Life in UK and English test.

I would really appreciate if someone can clarify... :roll:

Thank you In advance. Please do not hesitate to ask question if you need more information about my situation.

Kindest Regards

HM :o)