ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help in getting job in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samsoft17
Newly Registered

Please help in getting job in UK

Post by samsoft17 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:35 am

Dear Sir

I am in UK on work permit for last one year.
I am getting married very soon & bringing my wife to UK (from india) on dependent visa.
I live in reading (close to london).

My wife is having 1.5 years software developer exp in asp.net, vb.net, c#, sql.
At the moment she is not qualifying 75 points for HSMP.

1. what are the chances of getting jobs as - permanent & contract ?
please suggest the probability in both cases - permanent & contract (with 1.5 years of exp.)

2. As my company extends my work permit every year (for one year).
I have heard that - it's very hard to get a permanent job when you are on visa of just one year. Is it true ?

3. what is the right way to approach the IT job market in UK?

Please advise.

Regards
SAM

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:00 am

Hi Sam,

That's somehow true that if you have Visa for one year only, then most of the companies won't be interested in you as for permanent job, they need a person who can stay with them at least for 2 years.

I would suggest you to try hard to change the job. Speak with Recruitment Consultants and spread your Resume here and there. You may end up with a nice job offer with 4-5 years WP.

As far as your wife's job prospects are concern, I believe she has goo chances to get a nice job. .Net, C# and SQL skills are in very much demand in the UK (in fact Worldwide). It may be possible that your wife gets Work Permit for 3-5 years. In that case you can also stay there for that period.

Now, If your wife is not eligible for HSMP, then why don't you apply for yourself? R u also not eligible or what?