ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Attempt Failed along with Review, now Applying again

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaff
Member of Standing

First Attempt Failed along with Review, now Applying again

Post by Kaff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:55 am

Guys,

Thanks for your help.
My first HSMP refused due to not providing Degree certificate, I asked for review that I have DMC, but they refused saying that they need a degree.

Now I am applying with Degree Cetificate.

Here is question.

1. UK NARIC said that my degree is equvillant to UK becholer standard, but there was note that I didn't provide degree certificate, so there certificate is not official.

I am now applying for HSMP with my degree certificate with same NARIC letter (which says degree wasn't provided)

Question is do I need to state that it is an exceptional consideration ?
or
should I keep it simple by providing all documents with same UK NARIC letter?
Or
Should I get UK NARIC evaluation letter again?

Thanks in advance for your reading and suggestions.
Kaff

fareedbaig

Post by fareedbaig » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:58 am

Kaff,

You dont have to send NARIC letter along with your initial HSMP application, if you are sure that your degree is equivalent to UK degree just send your degree certificate and claim points for educational qualification and you dont have to click exceptional considiration since you are providing you original degree certificate.

Case worker will look into NARIC database to check if the foriegn degree is equivalent to UK degree or not. Its not compulsary to HSMP applicant to supply NARIC letter along with their application.

Best of luck for your HSMP application, I am sure you will get approval this time buddy.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:11 am

Thanks faree, will do accordingly.
Cheers
Kaff

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Kaff
fareedbaig is right U donot have to because they will look into NARCI data base anyway. However in your case is rather not applicable as U already have NARIC comparability letter. Where is the point to ask NARIC to assess your degree if U do not use it.
fareedbaig wrote:Kaff,

You dont have to send NARIC letter along with your initial HSMP application, if you are sure that your degree is equivalent to UK degree just send your degree certificate and claim points for educational qualification and you dont have to click exceptional considiration since you are providing you original degree certificate.

Case worker will look into NARIC database to check if the foriegn degree is equivalent to UK degree or not. Its not compulsary to HSMP applicant to supply NARIC letter along with their application.

Best of luck for your HSMP application, I am sure you will get approval this time buddy.
Pantaiema

chandu2004

hi

Post by chandu2004 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:20 pm

hi kaff,

best of luck mate, I applied for HSMP from New Zealand as well. Waiting for the decision.

Thanks

Chandra

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Thanks Guys for your support.
Today I will sent it by courier again.'

good Luck chandu....
Kaff

chandu2004

HSMP Rejected

Post by chandu2004 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:17 am

Hi Kaff,

I have submitted my HSMP application on 30th July 2007 and HO received the application on 2nd August. I called HO last night and I got a reply from customer services rep, that my HSMP application has been refused and the lady at HO dint tell the reason for HSMP rejection.Needless to say, I am really devastated and upset.

I am planning to apply for the review, so I just want to find out, do i need to send the all original documentation like my degree certificate, payslips, contracts,bank statements,birth certificate and English language requirement,which i sent with original application along with the HSMP review form or shall i just send the HSMP review filled form with the reason?

whats the procedure for applying for review?

Thanks mate

Chandra

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:35 am

Chandu,
So sad to hear about your refusal.

When my first attempt refused, I calle HO, they said no, but I politely requested them to please at least give me a brief idea about refusal so that I can organize my self for new application, after 15 minutes of talking and requesting, they told me the reason.
Which was that I don't have DEGREE.

I then WENT FOR REVIEW, Downloaded their form and filled up along with covering letter, where I tried to explain that why my degree is not submitted, but they refused my review saying that you should have degree.

I got the degree now, and this afternoon sent fresh application for HSMP.

Now for your review you need one Review form filled and signed.
and cover letter to explain why you want a review, that's all. Just fax them. You don't need to send any documents.

hope this helps.
Kaff

chandu2004

Thanks

Post by chandu2004 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am

Hi Kaff,

Thanks so much for your informative email. I will do the same, call them and request them for the reason for refusal. I am waiting for the refusal letter

Got a few questions mate

1) how long did it take to reach your initial hsmp application refusal letter and your documents after they have air mailed ur documents from Uk to NZ, I just want to know from you as u r also in NZ mate.Thanks

2) after we fax the review form and covering letter, do we need to call them immediately and check whether they received the fax properly or just leave it

3) After you applied for your review,How long did it take for the HO to take a decision on ur review.

Please kaff, let me know these answers, so I will be in clear frame of mind and Thanks very much for your time on helping me with this.

Thanks

Chandra

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:18 am

Candu,

Here are my answers.

1. Mine took 7 days through Airmail, and I got document back to New Plymouth in good condition with letter.
2. I sent them Fax on 11 Aug, and they made decision on that 14 august and sent me Letter which I recieve in on 21 aug, I asked then on 16 through email and they sent me reply through email about my decision has been made.
3. See above.

Hope this help
Kaff

chandu2004

Thanks

Post by chandu2004 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:20 am

Thanks heaps kaff for your lovely and straight answers.

Have a wonderful weekend. I pray to god that your HSMP will be success this time.

Thanks once again.

Cheers

Chandra

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:41 am

Glad I could help.
I will pray for your success in review.
Good luck mate.
Kaff

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Kaff

Is there any particular reason why you did not submit your original degree certificate together with your first application ? It is clearly stated on the guidelines that U need to provide this. If U could answwr this question memebr of this forum might give U further advice.

Kaff wrote:Glad I could help.
I will pray for your success in review.
Good luck mate.
Pantaiema

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 pm

Pataiema,
Here si the reason.
During shifting of our house, I misplaced it, and never bother to find it again, as I moved to NZ to complete my project.
That was the same reason which I provided to HO, but they wanted origional degree, even though I have my DM, NZQA assessment report..

Anyway after rejection I told my family to look for that certificate everywhere, and they finally found it, and sent me over.

Now I applied agian with Degree certificate (as per there requirements)

Hope this should be fine now.
Kaff

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi Kaff

Great News that U finally found your degree certiticate. The reason why they are asking original degree certificate eventhough U have submitted NARIC comparability letter, because the CW know very well that it is not the duty of NARIC to assess theoriginality of your degree certificate. They know that when U ask NARIC to assess your degree U only need to send the copy or even fax it. NARIC do not need to see the original one as it is not their duties. It is the duties of the institution who need your degree to check this.

In your case if the only reason for rejection is just because the degree certificate is not submitted then this time U will get approval.

But U need to be careful the way they are working, if they find one reason for rejection and this is alredy enough then they will not continue checking other evidence, points.

So in conclusion if they say the reasonfor rejection is because the degree certificate is not submitted, it is not necessarily mean that other evidence is ok. So make sure that U also check other evidence and compay withthe guidelines.

Kaff wrote:Pataiema,
Here si the reason.
During shifting of our house, I misplaced it, and never bother to find it again, as I moved to NZ to complete my project.
That was the same reason which I provided to HO, but they wanted origional degree, even though I have my DM, NZQA assessment report..

Anyway after rejection I told my family to look for that certificate everywhere, and they finally found it, and sent me over.

Now I applied agian with Degree certificate (as per there requirements)

Hope this should be fine now.
Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Kaff wrote:Pataiema,
That was the same reason which I provided to HO, but they wanted origional degree, .
This impotant information that U did not mention this on your previous post that is why people might give U the wrong advice/suggestion.
Kaff wrote:]Question is

1. do I need to state that it is an exceptional consideration ?
or
2. should I keep it simple by providing all documents with same UK NARIC letter?
Or
3. Should I get UK NARIC evaluation letter again?
Now the answewr to your question:
1. U do not have to becuase this time U will submit your origianl certificate
2. Make sure the document/ evidence comply with the requirement mwntion on the guidelines & Application Form. Remember as I mention before. If they said that the reason for rejection is because U did not submit your degree certificate and this time U submit your degree certificate U will get approval. It is not necessarily so, as it could happen in your previous application they did not check your other documents any further (see my previous posting) because they already find strong reason for rejection so so ot need to investigate any further.
3. No U do not have too, as U already have it.

Wish U luck then. If U follow the guidelines I believe U wil get approved.
Pantaiema

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:26 pm

pantaiema,

Thanks for your comments.
In my other posts under "All july Applicants" I explained that in detail.

I have done as per all guidelines now, and hopefully this time fingure crossed.

Still uncertainity about they way the process cases at HO, they are robots, no common sense..

Any way will keep you guys posted with my progress.

Thanks again.
Kaff

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:24 pm

FIngers cross then
Kaff wrote:pantaiema,

Thanks for your comments.
In my other posts under "All july Applicants" I explained that in detail.

I have done as per all guidelines now, and hopefully this time fingure crossed.

Still uncertainity about they way the process cases at HO, they are robots, no common sense..

Any way will keep you guys posted with my progress.

Thanks again.
Pantaiema