ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help to fill out citizenship application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoormi
Newly Registered

Help to fill out citizenship application form

Post by hoormi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello experts,

Before I ask this question, I should mention that I have read the guide, booklet, and several topics on the forum.

Application Question I'm confused about:
"Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?"

What I have done to find out:
I have checked the PNC with a SAR, nothing came out.

Background:
Police had a conversation with me, this was definitely more than 3 years ago. They noted my driving license details but I don't remember admitting any offence. Sorry for my memory but I may have signed a piece of paper to get away from the situation at that moment (as it just felt weird for being questioned on the road) but not entirely sure. But I do remember that I received a piece of paper at home few days later which said that they decided not to take any action at this point but I should be careful in the future.

As mentioned I have checked the PNC with a SAR, nothing came out. There is no record on PNC about me. Does that mean I should write NO in the above question straightaway?

Basically what I'm trying to ask is "What is really a caution/warning?" How do I know if I have one on my record so that I can be absolutely truthful in my declaration to home office to prevent them thinking I'm trying to deceive? As the PNC record is clear, does that mean the letter I received was just a record of that conversation? Is it possible for the warning/caution to be there in local police records and not show up on the PNC in which case I should check with local police as well?

I would really appreciate if people on this forum and specially the expert moderators could help me in this matter.

Thank you, Hoormi

P.S. From the booklet ->> A “non-custodial offence or other out of court disposal that is RECORDED on a person’s
criminal record” (i.e. line 4) includes Fines, Cautions, Warnings and Reprimands,
Community Sentences, Civil Orders, Hospital Orders & Restriction Orders and
Potential Court Orders.

It uses the word 'recorded' on person's criminal record even for fines, cautions, warning etc. Just curious if this is referring to just PNC or could be elsewhere ...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Help to fill out citizenship application form

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

What did you speak to Police about?
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:29 pm

They were interested in knowing my reason of being in that area and took my details as to who I was and what I do etc. Apparently, they were trying to implement law n order in that area where there were complaints of probably anti social behaviour and as part of that they were patrolling the area and were questioning people randomly.

Regardless of this particular situation, I'm more interested in knowing how one can find out if they have a caution/warning in their record so to declare it in the application form, and also if not having a record on PNC means no warning/caution.. as per my original post. Thanks

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Anyone who can help please? Experts?

Amber, I found your responses on some posts to be quite straight forward and easy to understand. Please can you read my post and give some comments as to what you think should be done.

Thanks in advance!