ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which visa form for dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

covind
Newly Registered

which visa form for dependent

Post by covind » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:46 pm

my husband is going to apply for ILR soon and I am not eligible to apply for ILR yet. Can you please tell me which visa form do i need to fill for my dependent extension?? Husband is currently on Tier 1 general.

thanks

Chase53

Re: which visa form for dependent

Post by Chase53 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:09 pm

covind wrote:my husband is going to apply for ILR soon and I am not eligible to apply for ILR yet. Can you please tell me which visa form do i need to fill for my dependent extension?? Husband is currently on Tier 1 general.

thanks
You have 2 options to apply as his dependent
1) PBS dependent (You can apply ILR after you finish 5 years)
2) FLR M (this will reset your clock to zero and you need 5 years from the date to apply ILR)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 pm

covind wrote:my husband is going to apply for ILR soon and I am not eligible to apply for ILR yet. Can you please tell me which visa form do i need to fill for my dependent extension?? Husband is currently on Tier 1 general.

thanks
What is the start date of your visa and what date did you enter the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

covind
Newly Registered

Post by covind » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked at both of the forms now.

Am I right in saying that the correct form to fill for me is PBS Dependent as my husband is still on Tier 1 (General) (We both are going to apply for our visa together, he is going to apply for ILR and I have to apply for dependent).

The FLR M seems to be the ones who are already settled in the UK. I am not sure what does settled person mean exactly.

FLR M is cheaper to apply otherwise as its fees is £600 in comparison to £1600 for PBS dependent.

Please let me know what do you think.

@ CROO1
What is the start date of your visa and what date did you enter the UK?
Start date was March, 2014 and I entered end of March, 2014. My visa end date is 15 April (i.e. until my husband's Tier 1 General visa expiry date)

covind
Newly Registered

Can I show my husband's funds as an evidence for maintenance

Post by covind » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:51 pm

I am applying for dependent of my husband who is on Tier 1 General (very soon switching to ILR). I have downloaded PBS dependent document and I can see there is a requirement of maintenance. My question is can I use my husband's bank statements to provide as an evidence. Please note my name is NOT on the account name, i.e. we are not join account holders but he is going to write a letter for me saying that I am supporting her financially.

Please let me know if that would be ok. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I show my husband's funds as an evidence for mainten

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:55 pm

My question is can I use my husband's bank statements to provide as an evidence.
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:58 pm

what does settled person mean exactly.
A person who has ILR

You can apply on FLR(M) as the cheaper option and you can do it on the same day as your husband but you will need an appointment a couple of hours after his appointment. You need English A1 test certificate and to meet the financial requirement of £18,600pa

It will reset your clock for qualifying for ILR so you would need another 5 years on FLR(M) before you can apply for ILR and you would lose the 1 year you have already been in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Shakeel703
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel703 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am

Hi All,

I am currently on "ICT Tier 2" visa and I am eligible for ILR and will be applying for the same next month, but my spouse is not eligible for ILR as she entered UK in Dec 2013 and not completed 5 years.
She is still have Visa until end of August 2015, and I am applying ILR next month

Could you please suggest, how to extend her Visa, as she is still not eligible for ILR, which application form and when should I apply for extension for her (after my ILR or along with me)?

My first Visa Stamp - March 2010, current visa ends on - 1st Sep 2015
Spouse 1st Visa stamp - Dec 2013, current visa ends on - 1st Sep 2015

Thanks
Shakeel