ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering back after visiting outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zee_aziz
- thin ice -

Entering back after visiting outside UK

Post by zee_aziz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:10 am

Hi there
Being an international student dependant:-

Must I keep my wife's original passport with me for immigration officer to come back again in UK after a short visit outside UK.

or

I can enter UK freely ''ON MY OWN'' having just her photcopied passport and visa. (As long as her visa remains valid...and it is multiple).
Also

What other documents do you think must I keep with me to show them.

Thanks everybody at immigrationboards.com
zee_aziz

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:29 am

All you need to enter the UK is your passport with your UK dependant visa inside it. You do not need your wife's passport or a photocopy of it or any other documents.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Must I keep my wife's original passport with me for immigration officer to come back again in UK after a short visit outside UK.
No. You need your valid passport with a valid UK visa not your wife's
I can enter UK freely ''ON MY OWN'' having just her photcopied passport and visa. (As long as her visa remains valid...and it is multiple).
Ofcourse you can enter UK freely on your own provided that you have the above said document and having a photocopied passport and visa of your wife doesn't help for you to gain entry in to UK.
What other documents do you think must I keep with me to show them.
Nothing really apart from your passport and a valid UK visa.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:34 pm

And a Police Registration Certificate (PRC) if you were required to have one...