ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa - Marriage ceritificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack229
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa - Marriage ceritificate

Post by jack229 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi All,

I am having my wife name and my name in wife's passport as spouse. We do not have any marriage certificate.

I am currently working in UK and want bring wife under dependant visa. Will this create any issue ? Please advise.

We have got married as per Christian religion

Thanks,
Sijo

Porus

Re: Tier 2 Visa - Marriage ceritificate

Post by Porus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:51 am

Marriage certificate is important if you see documents required section for tier 2 dependent visa. To get registered marriage certificate from indian gov (assuming you are from india) there is a process where you present the church marriage register where you and your spouse would have signed on the marriage day to the government's marriage registration office. They will issue marriage certificate within 2 months which you can use it for visa application.

jack229
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Visa - Marriage ceritificate

Post by jack229 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will ask my wife to go and check that option to get the Marriage ceritificate while I am in UK.

Thanks,
Sijo