ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case remitted back to HO

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnny9765

Case remitted back to HO

Post by johnny9765 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm

My hearing at the FTT was in January and the judge allowed the case and remitted it back to the HO office to make a lawful decision. My question is does the judge write a determination letter to both parties, i haven't herd anything from the court or HO since my appeal.

DMY
Newly Registered

Re: Case remitted back to HO

Post by DMY » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Ho will consider your application after the judge declare to allow lawfully decision.You just have to wait and get the result from Ho.

abam
Newly Registered

Post by abam » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:52 am

So the judge asked the Secretary of State to exercise her discretion in your case. It sounds promising but you will have to contact them all the time. I had the same issue with my case and it took 7 months for them to issue my RC after the judge has allowed my case for them to exercise discretion .

johnny9765

Post by johnny9765 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 pm

@ abam how long did the courts take to send you the determination after your appeal? I called the courts and all they say is that i have to wait and when i call the HO they say they can't deal with my case again until they receive the letter from the FTT. So frustrating seems like I've been put on hold and is getting nowhere at all.

abam
Newly Registered

Post by abam » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:21 am

johnny9765 wrote:@ abam how long did the courts take to send you the determination after your appeal? I called the courts and all they say is that i have to wait and when i call the HO they say they can't deal with my case again until they receive the letter from the FTT. So frustrating seems like I've been put on hold and is getting nowhere at all.

I received my determination from the court less than one week after the case was heard. So I waited for two weeks before contacting HO. When I contacted them after three weeks they confirmed receipt of the court determination and also said the appeals team have decided not to appeal against the decision but they will need to start looking at my file again before discretion can be exercised.