ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case worker wants more information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Case worker wants more information

Post by prabhus14 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I had applied for my hsmp on July 12th and got the reference on 18th. I started calling them for status from Aug 10th. They kept on telling me "Case worker is assigned. No other information". Now today Aug 23rd, they told me "Case worker has asked for more information on Aug 17th. He will look at the case again on Sep 17th after receiving those information". I asked them, whether the worker wants the information from me or someone else. They didn't have that information.

Has anyone else faced this situation. Can someone tell me, whether the worker would contact me or the concerned person by letter or email or phone?

Pls send your reply to prabhus14@yahoo.com also.

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:13 pm

If further information were required of you for your application, then they would have contacted you by post and by email. AG

Constant

Re: Case worker wants more information

Post by Constant » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi prabhus14, read "B/f's" under the caseworkers manual. Maybe that will bring in more light
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... kguidance/

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:51 am

Hi prabhus14,

It seems to me that they are performing verification checks on your application. Normally, they ask your local British High Commission to contact your employer and verify information. Caseworker put up a verification request and do not look into your case for one month.

So, I will suggest that you should talk to your employer (the person whose name is mentioned in your documents) and request him to provide all information when BHC contact him. I will suggest you to give a photocopy of all your application details other than HSMP1Form; to that person, so that he/she does not need to search for information while BHC is waiting on telephone.

Regards,
S.I

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Post by prabhus14 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:02 am

siqbal wrote:Hi prabhus14,

It seems to me that they are performing verification checks on your application. Normally, they ask your local British High Commission to contact your employer and verify information. Caseworker put up a verification request and do not look into your case for one month.

So, I will suggest that you should talk to your employer (the person whose name is mentioned in your documents) and request him to provide all information when BHC contact him. I will suggest you to give a photocopy of all your application details other than HSMP1Form; to that person, so that he/she does not need to search for information while BHC is waiting on telephone.

Regards,
S.I
Thanks for all the replies. I still have no clue whether they want the information from me or from my employer. Looks like my employer has not received any email or letter or phone call. I wait for a couple of days and then would ask the HSMP team again. I will also update this thread with the outcome.

Thanks,
Prabhu