ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LRN English test after changes on 6th April 2015 ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nisarg1010
Newly Registered

LRN English test after changes on 6th April 2015 ?

Post by Nisarg1010 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi
Does LRN English test (ESOL Entry Level 3 for Life) will be valid test for ILR application (dependent) after changes on 6th April 2015 ?

Pls advise
Thanks,
NS

WR1

Re: LRN English test after changes on 6th April 2015 ?

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 pm

If the ESOL is on the transitional list and taken before 6 April 2015, it can be used until 5 November 2015.

Furthermore, if the ESOL is on the OFQUAL register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, then it can be used further to the 5 November 2015 date so no issues of it being accepted (as long as the rules don't change)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shutter
Newly Registered

Post by shutter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi,
Does anyone knows if City Guilds Functional skills English qualification pass at Entry level 3 valid for ILR. I've submitted my application with this qualification. Please adivse. Thank you

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:33 pm

shutter wrote:Hi,
Does anyone knows if City Guilds Functional skills English qualification pass at Entry level 3 valid for ILR. I've submitted my application with this qualification. Please adivse. Thank you
Just checked the Transitional List, Functional Skills is not on there. Of course, its not on the new list either.

Had a look on the OFQUAL Register and its not showing on there either.

Seems like City and Guilds Functional Skills Entry Level 3 is not an Home Office approved English qualification.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided