ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extention with criminal conviction

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jshah585
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extention with criminal conviction

Post by jshah585 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Dear All,

I applied my tier 1 extension in October 2012 it was in time application with all required documents . I was satisfying all points but I was charged with criminal offence in 2012 so ukba put my file on hold. Unfortunately i convicted in 2014 and received 30 months sentence . I received deportation order because of conviction and in that ukba mentioned that they refuse my tier -1 application because of conviction.

I have not received Tier -1 appeal rights ,As UKBA did not consider my tier -1 application and refuse it in deportation order (due to conviction) . am I entitling for appeal right in country for tier -1.

Hope to receive positive response soon.

Kindest regards

Manka10

Re: Tier 1 extention with criminal conviction

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Is this a custodial sentence? UKBA considers how serious the crime was and the sentence given before they decide the application.
Also, you will become an overstayer once your current leave to remain expires and you don't have a right to appeal either.
Its very unlikely that a fresh application will change the decision given during last application.
Manka

jshah585
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extention with criminal conviction

Post by jshah585 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Manka10 wrote:Is this a custodial sentence? UKBA considers how serious the crime was and the sentence given before they decide the application.
Also, you will become an overstayer once your current leave to remain expires and you don't have a right to appeal either.
Its very unlikely that a fresh application will change the decision given during last application.

Dear Manka,

Thx for response. it was coustodial sentence for 30 months but served 20 weeks imprisonment.
i am on an immigration bail & not overstayer or illegal.

please update.

regards