ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Query-Urgent can some one please answer this.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mujeeb0213
Newly Registered

Post by mujeeb0213 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR (10 years-LR) in August. My tier 1 general visa expires in Jan 2016. Considering that I get my ILR before my visa expires what are the options for my dependents. Can some one please help me as I am getting mad to get a definite answer and couldn't find one.

My wife is Tier 1 general dependent. (Entered UK on PSW dependent in 2010 and changed to Tier 1 general dependent in October 2010 and is now on tier 1 general extension)

Can she apply for SET(M) as she has been granted PBS dependent before 09th July 2012.

My son was born in India and came to UK as Tier 1 general dependent in August 2012. Is he eligible for ILR?

Mujeeb

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR (M) Query-Urgent can some one please answer this.

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 pm

If you on the Long residence direction, it will cause a lot of problems for them. Both wife and child's clock for ILR will restart.

You are better off sticking on the Tier 1 route to ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

thasif

Post by thasif » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:15 pm

hi could any one help me on my wife flr(m) visa please
am bit confuse about English requirement she already have the trinity college B1 certificate, is it ok for that or does she need to take the A1 exam? i know B1 is more grade then A1 , still bit confused
tx

mujeeb0213
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) Query-Urgent can some one please answer this.

Post by mujeeb0213 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi Obie,
Thanks a lot for valuable suggestion. That clarifies some thing and will help me take a informed decision. One last thing I need know, would really appreciate if you could provide me some more information.

My second son is born here in October 2014.

1. Considering that i have take tier 1 general route. both me and my wife will have ILR and I think we register him for British citizen and apply for passport. (please correct me if I am wrong)

2. If I take 10 year route, can my son still be able apply for British passport as one of his parents is settled in UK. (After his birth)

Thanks a lot for helping people. Appreciate that.

Mujeeb