ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent, Pls help: Rad traffic Ofences Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kyborg99

Urgent, Pls help: Rad traffic Ofences Issue

Post by kyborg99 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Current Tier 1 G
About to apply for ILR. Already have an appointment.

I know form clearly says Speeding and FPNs are no issues but I have:
1. I forgot to pay Road TAX and my car was towed away from a public car park. I paid fine and got released my car.
2. Notice of Intended Prosecution NIP. I was involved in an accident, we (other party and I) exchanged info and went our ways, we informed POLICE and our Insurance companies later, NO Police was called or came to incident site. POLICE then sent me a NIP letter asking my Insurance info and details of the incident - which I did. POLICE sent me reply letter saying no further action needs to taken for this incident.
3. POLICE surprisingly, in the above letter where they said no action to be taken against the accident incident, mentioned that the other matter of you not paying your Road TAX (point 2) will be dealt by DVLA - so this means I have a record now?

4. SP(30) speeding 3 Points from Nov 2012, paid penalty as well.
5. A few parking penalties and 1 driving in Bus lane FPN - all issued by my local Reading Borough Council. Paid in time.

Above are worrying me. Please assist. Questions:
1. Is driving without Road Tax an issue for ILR as I got a penalty from DVLA and paid DVLA - no court involved.
2. Is road accident an issue for ILR, as Police was involved but No Court was involved.
3. Do I say YES to 7.3? If not how to I declare the above please?

Thanks & Regards,
kyborg
Last edited by kyborg99 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mr_mar

Re: Worried, pls help: Motor Driving Offences/FPN Issue

Post by mr_mar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:01 pm

You are a danger here. :)

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:12 pm

mr_mar wrote:You are a danger here. :)
Dude I don't know if you trying to be funny or being serious - but I am worried here.

Any thoughts on the above please?

iamnew

Post by iamnew » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Your driving history doesn't look great but hope your immigration history is good

kyborg99

Re: Urgent, Pls help: Rad traffic Ofences Issue

Post by kyborg99 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:31 pm

The form clearly says Speeding and FPNs are no issues.

1. Is driving without Road Tax an issue for ILR as I got a penalty from DVLA and paid DVLA - no court involved.
2. Is road accident an issue for ILR, as Police was involved but No Court was involved.

Kindly Assist.
kyborg

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 am

kyborg99 wrote:The form clearly says Speeding and FPNs are no issues.

Kindly Assist.
kyborg

Mods, Gurus. Please assist.

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Everywhere in internet it is said driving offences are offences but they are not recorded in the criminal records.

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

mr_mar wrote:Everywhere in internet it is said driving offences are offences but they are not recorded in the criminal records.
I agree, I am going to say NO on 7.1 Criminal convictions question, however do I say YES to 7.3 which is Civil Penalty? The Penalty which I paid for driving without Road Tax to DVLA - is that considered a Civil Penalty?

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:25 pm

kyborg99 wrote:
kyborg99 wrote:The form clearly says Speeding and FPNs are no issues.

Kindly Assist.
kyborg

Mods, Gurus. Please assist.
Stop stressing yourself, fixed penalty is not criminal record, but if you have more than one in one year then there is problem according to HO. In regards to the accident i think is now a common thing, as they now check CCTV after an accident to check if any of the drivers was careless, if they will be pursing any court case they will let you know and if everything is fine they will also inform you.
However your driving history count towards your good character, i mean the driving ticket and FPN but with these anyone can be behind the wheel, e.g Friends or Family and what really matter is that you've paid them.

So in my own opinion you don't have criminal record, and you don't need to tick yes in the form, but if you are worried draft a letter and talk about the three point on your licence and if you are also worried about the accident include it as well in the letter. Also put the letter the police sent you as proof.

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Omor4real wrote:
kyborg99 wrote:
kyborg99 wrote:
I agree, BUT I am most worried about driving without TAX issue - accidents happen, but driving without TAX is my fault as I forgot to renew TAX disc. so confused do I say YES to 7.3 which is Civil Penalty? The Penalty which I paid for driving without Road Tax to DVLA - is that considered a Civil Penalty?