ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refund from home office counts as an income?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

migrant80

refund from home office counts as an income?

Post by migrant80 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi
I did received £2100 refund from home office for a previous year application can I include it as an income for maintenance ?

Kind regards

WR1

Re: refund from home office counts as an income?

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Its a refund, not a source of regular income, so doubt it can be used for income requirements.

Of course, you can keep it into an account and use it to count towards savings if held for a minimum of six months provide you have at least £16,000 already in there as this is the minimum amount you can use to offset the income requirements.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided