ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blood donation - hsmp info

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dokwal
BANNED

Blood donation - hsmp info

Post by dokwal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Dear all,
Please find below the latest development of the events happening by HSMPian for HSMPian. I am writing to make it all a success -

"They can take our body, make us their slave, but they cant take our obedience". We will rather oppose for the consent for "Retrospective" by giving our blood to them. We look for your response with positive attitude.

Come All for the cause to support your countrymen. Please circulate this message amongst your near & dear ones, friends & HSMPian countrymen and request them to bring all their near dear ones to make this event a success.

Wish to transmit the message :

"O! Originators of Democracy, Don't Degrade Democracy ;
Remove Retrospective clause, and walk with head held high.

Its a shame for human kind, humanity & mankind,
Article 8, Prosperity & obedience.

Most Kind Regards.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Blood donation - hsmp info

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:19 pm

dokwal wrote:Dear all,
Please find below the latest development of the events happening by HSMPian for HSMPian. I am writing to make it all a success -

"They can take our body, make us their slave, but they cant take our obedience". We will rather oppose for the consent for "Retrospective" by giving our blood to them. We look for your response with positive attitude.

Come All for the cause to support your countrymen. Please circulate this message amongst your near & dear ones, friends & HSMPian countrymen and request them to bring all their near dear ones to make this event a success.

Wish to transmit the message :

"O! Originators of Democracy, Don't Degrade Democracy ;
Remove Retrospective clause, and walk with head held high.

Its a shame for human kind, humanity & mankind,
Article 8, Prosperity & obedience.

Most Kind Regards.

What?
Magsi

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 pm

For information : HSMP Forum are going to arrange a BLOOD DONATION event possibily on 12 Sept infront of Home Office in London as a protest against the much talked unfair retrospective effect of new HSMP rules.
HSMPians can join there to donate blood.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 pm

How can you have blood donation in the street?

I would have thought a lot of HSMP holders weren't eligable to give blood, however.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:49 pm

I agree that restrospective change is unfair. However, I did not see a donating blood for political reason is a good thing.

If U want to donate blood do it for a good cause becuase U want to help others people in need. Just to remind U that people who might have symphathy with unfair of restrospective change of HSMP might change their mind (against) because of this action.

willnotbackHSMP wrote:For information : HSMP Forum are going to arrange a BLOOD DONATION event possibily on 12 Sept infront of Home Office in London as a protest against the much talked unfair retrospective effect of new HSMP rules.
Pantaiema

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:24 am

I dont undersand this. On the face of it , the proposed action carries a notion that we will donate blood so that you hear us!!

I am totally against any retrospective changes that have been made to the HSMP scheme. Although I have entered the country under the latest rules, I am not sure whether these will remain sacrosanct.

I am writing solely on the basis of the information posted in this thread. If there is a larger agenda which I am not aware of, kindly pardon my ignorance. But donating blood as a way of protesting simply escapes my understanding !! Does not look rational at all. And what are we trying to achieve out of this?

Kind regards,

push_hsmp

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Does blood donation event break any laws? It is not honest role in the whole world where it is used for madical reason? Where HSMPians gave up all vauable things before coming UK there what harm to donate blood in UK ? HSMPians should take all possible peaceful way to attract media,MPs,Govt. etc.

Regards.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Does blood donation event break any laws? It is not honest role in the whole world where it is used for madical reason?
HSMP Forum are going to arrange a BLOOD DONATION event possibily on 12 Sept infront of Home Office in London as a protest against the much talked unfair retrospective effect of new HSMP rules.
Hello willnotbackHSMP

See the National Blood Service http://www.blood.co.uk. These are the only people I know of who are able to do collect blood donations in the UK, and I know they do mobile collections. Are you saying that the National Blood Service have agreed to come and send some people out to collect these donations as part of a political protest?

If they are not collecting it you are just wasting the blood, you might as well just cut yourselves (which I do not advocate)!

There are very serious health issues about having lots of amateurs draining blood out of people don't you think? If it isn't collected properly, and therefore can't be used, it won't be 'blood donation' but a 'blood letting'.

This sounds very poorly thought out to me. It also turns my stomach to think of all that blood - yeuch. I donate blood, but I am still squeamish.

Has someone actually thought this through? It sounds irresponsible to me.