ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posting EU1 form ? Help thanks

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Posting EU1 form ? Help thanks

Post by robsters » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Thanks everyone! yeah we will submit with what we have. we went to the Dublin immigration office tonight with our EU1 form and supporting documents we were greeted with the rude reception man told us WE SHOULD POST IT, i said well dont want to post my wife passport and marriage document, he said put it in the box here then i said well doesnt look like a very secure box to me, spoke to another lady she agreed with us that box is insecure we should post but registered mail, Is this what everyone else has done? i am nervious to post both our passports and our marriage document but i guess we have no choice? also my wife visa expires on 29th oF April will they extend this during the time they make a decision?? i wrote a covering letter that we have all our documents just need the pay slips which i can forward on later.

any help or advise would be great also one last thing i have a p60 dated 2012 as i worked on cruise ships so the last tax p60 i have is 2012 again could that be an issue? also mentioned in my covering letter that 2012 p60 is the last one i have in my records due to working in international waters for 2 years (where i met my wife hehe

hope to hear some advise soon thanks everyone on here

adedayoh

Re: Posting EU1 form ? Help thanks

Post by adedayoh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi Robster,
You are overthinking a lot of this stuff,
You are better off sending your form n docs by recorded delivery costs bout 10 euro but you can track it online and know exactly when it's delivered. That way you have the peace of mind that your documents are safe

If you have started working in Ireland go to revenue.ie download form 12a fill it and send back to revenue. They will send you ur tax certificate which you can send to doj.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:36 pm

The receptionist didn't need to be rude, but to be fair the form pretty clearly states "Please return completed forms and documents by registered post" and they don't mention anywhere that you can bring it in person.

Just send it by registered post as everyone does ;-)

And with regards to your wife's visa, once they receive your application and if they are satisfied it is a valid one, they will send you a letter allowing her to get a temporary 6 months Stamp 4. The only thing is this might take a few weeks (usually 4 to 8 weeks depending on how busy they are).

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:28 pm

thank you, yeah hopefully it will be all ok i mean i have a valid job and show proof of this and proof of where we are living etc, how long will the whole eu1 thing take and is it usually standard? i will forward my pay slips next week, do i need to submit the real payslip or just a photocopy?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:31 pm

The whole process takes maximum 6 months (sometimes it is quicker but in most cases it does take the full 6 months).

However if the application is considered receivable (i.e. most documents are included) your wife will get a temporary 6 months residence card while it is being reviewed.

You can send copies of the payslips. However if you are sending them separately from your original application, you might want to wait for them to send back an acknowledgement lette with your application number (same letter that will allow your wife to get the temporary residence card) - so that you can include your application number with the additional documents.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 pm

my god 6 months? i am worried her visa expires on 29th April what will happen if we do not receive passport back before this date?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi Robster,
I told u earlier to stop over thinking these issue, send the application. Your spouse will recieve a letter to go to gnib within a month to get 6 months temp stamp. And hopefully before the end of the 6 months your 5yrs will be issued.
My husband letter came today, going to gnib on Friday. Will let you know how it goes.

Keep calm it will all work out

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 pm

thanks, the application is submitted, will forward payslips and tax documents when we get them hopefully there understand that as i submitted contract and letter of employment. i over think this stuff because we been thru hell, had uk visa refused waited 3 months my wife country for entry visa for ireland and had hassle at the airport on arrival, given 30 days then hassle extending to 90 days now hopeing we can get residence with no hassle! but thank you for ur help, keep me posted :) maybe we can meet up and share our stories

appiah
Newly Registered

Post by appiah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 am

robsters wrote:thanks, the application is submitted, will forward payslips and tax documents when we get them hopefully there understand that as i submitted contract and letter of employment. i over think this stuff because we been thru hell, had uk visa refused waited 3 months my wife country for entry visa for ireland and had hassle at the airport on arrival, given 30 days then hassle extending to 90 days now hopeing we can get residence with no hassle! but thank you for ur help, keep me posted :) maybe we can meet up and share our stories

hey robsetrs is true what adedayoy said to stop over thinking. just cool down. as long as your docs are with them you can sleep. they not like those in the uk. i got three months visa but spent a month and half in my country before i arrived. i passed thru a hectic time at the airport.they delayed me for almost two hours calling the hotel i was initially going to lodge with my wife and so on. finally they have to call uk immigration to check if i was admissible to the uk. i was annoyed but i exercised enough patience whiles my wife had arrived in the morning from uk waiting for me at the airport. finally after his soo determined calls he gave me 90days. my 3mths visa had already expired because we were finding it difficult to open accounts since we didn't have an actual bill only accounts setup correspondence from the utility companies. we had difficult time for my wife to get her pps number. the dearly beloved woman didnt want to issue one for my wife even though the driver license office issued a letter to them for my wife to get her drivers license therefore she needs a pps number. so i am counting on the 90days from the day i entered. so no shaky.relax robsters. robsters the expiring date in your wife's visa doesn't matter what matters is the number of days she was given on arrival. i think i am correct. am i? anyone?

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm

well she was given 30 days on arrival but we got it extended on a stamp 3 for the full 90 days as the guy at the airport was an knee cap. our docs are in but i still need to submit payslip and tax cert, her visa stamp 3 was stamped until april 29th. but they have both our passports now, so either way its just a proceedure now and all be ok ?