ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Biometric Section in New Naturalisation Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yash001

Query regarding Biometric Section in New Naturalisation Form

Post by Yash001 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi All,

I have a query regarding Biometric Section in New Naturalisation Form. I am on ILR and have ILR BRP card with me.My finger prints were taken as part of the ILR application. If I apply via NCS, I believe I just need to send the photocopy of ILR BRP card only. Can somebody throw a light on this? I just want to be 100% sure about it hence asking the question. In section 6.7 of the form, BRP enclosed, Yes or No. I believe I need to mark 'Yes' and NCS person should take the photocopy of the ILR BRP card and send it with the form.

Regards,
Yash

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Query regarding Biometric Section in New Naturalisation

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Yash001 wrote:Can somebody throw a light on this? I just want to be 100% sure about it hence asking the question. In section 6.7 of the form, BRP enclosed, Yes or No. I believe I need to mark 'Yes' and NCS person should take the photocopy of the ILR BRP card and send it with the form .
Yes, that's correct. This is what I'd expect to happen, just as with other supporting documents such as your passport. Otherwise in my opinion the main purpose of going through the NCS would be defeated because without your BRP, you would in effect not be able to travel while your application is in progress, as its required to re-enter the country.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Given how many people wait for 6 months or more for the outcome on rheir application, it would be truly auful if they start requiring people to submit their BRPs....

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

ukswus wrote:Given how many people wait for 6 months or more for the outcome on rheir application, it would be truly auful if they start requiring people to submit their BRPs....
Can anyone shed any definite light on whether people applying through NCS will have to send off original BRP now or not?

This is really major if the case and might be a reason to delay application. I'm sure loads of people are banking on being able to travel during the application period. This is what I hate the most about the Home Office - last minute surprises and rule changes that they don't bother to think through or even make clear.

Common sense suggests that it'll be the same as the passport as they must have prints on file.

But common sense and UKVI are not frequent bedfellows....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:21 am

The best & only way to get a definitive answer would be to contact the NCS itself.

IMHO what they would do is take a copy of it, the AN form will also have your BRP details to help the HO locate your biometric details that they have recorded previously, to do the necessary identity check against. So there would really be no need for them to request the actual BRP (with chip) to be submitted as well.

wiltshire

Post by wiltshire » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

My NCS said they also photocopy the BRP.