ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse application and working tax credit potential problem?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katiepig
Newly Registered

Spouse application and working tax credit potential problem?

Post by katiepig » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:51 am

Dear all
After the rollercoaster ride we have had with our applications, the best being most recently when my husband was taken away on a Sunday at 8am by the new immigration super group, even though we had not received any notification of our application decision ( lost in the post apparently!!) my husband is returning to make spouse visa application.

Reading through the requirements it mentions working tax credit and child tax credit as public funds.
We do receive these funds as when i had my baby my 05/06 earnings were taken into account when i was a final year student. As my husband cannot work on his visa conditions he also receives this through me. As in both our names are on this claim.
Will this cause a problem on the application and how can i justify this in my covering letter? Obviously when he returns and is able to work then we will not need the tax credit or anything else, hopefully.

Thankyou again.

P.S. This may have been done to death but i did search before posting so sorry if its out there but i couldn’t find it. It is also 5.50am of a sleepless night of worry so be kind thank you thank you.