ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC For Spouse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raji_123

EC For Spouse

Post by raji_123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:07 am

Hi,
I have been HSMP approved and now i am applying for EC.

In my home parents are asking me to get married

1.Do i have to apply for my spouse along with my EC
2. Apply for my EC alone and later apply for my spouse EC
3. What documents needed to support my spouse EC

Kindly advice.....

Cheers

fareedbaig

Post by fareedbaig » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Yes, You can apply for your self first and once you land up in UK and secure a good job then you can apply for your wife.

If you apply for EC before getting married then their is no issues but if you are applying EC after marriage then you need to mention to ECO in cover letter that you will apply for your wife once you started earning in UK.

Marriage certificate is must and others I am not sure (Other members please comment on this).

Thanks,
Fareed

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:37 am

Agree with what has been said above.
In case you apply before getting married, you should not have any problems at all.

In case you want to apply only for yourself, after getting married you will have to explainn to the ECO that you willapply for your spouse later on. Some of the ppl reported that their applications were rejected as they did not apply for their family along with the main applicant - ECO simply assumed that they did not eant to make US as their main home.

Whatever you decide , do not forget to get your marriage certificate from the concerened body in your town. You are going to need it sooner or later.

Hope that helps,

regards,

push_hsmp