ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmad1234
Newly Registered

naturalisation good character

Post by ahmad1234 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Hello,
I am due to apply for UK citizenship in April 2015. I have driving offence LC20 3 points on license and 40 pound fine in court because I was driving on international license in september 2012. I went to court in December 2012. Its been more than 2 years.

I understand that 3 years must pass for this to be spent. However, it is a non custodial offence and can the caseworker use discretion because I have had nothing since. Also as it is an international license, this had to be dealt with in court, unlike other FPNs.

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: naturalisation good character

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 am

From September 2015.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

skilachi

Re: naturalisation good character

Post by skilachi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:21 pm

As other comments said....you have to wait till sept 2015 before you can apply as that is when the 3yrs will lapse...and also make sure you declare the offence on the application as well.

The rules have changed since you last apply for your FLR.......so you are better of waiting for few months to apply rather than 10yrs ban to re-apply.