ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If University list in PBS, Naric still required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susan0x

If University list in PBS, Naric still required?

Post by susan0x » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi,

If University is listed in PBS calculator, could any Guru confrim, Naric\B1 ESOL\Letter from university is required?

Thanks,
Susan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: If University list in PBS, Naric still required?

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:30 pm

No, if it is awarded the necessary points for English Language, a print out of the PBS calculator and the degree certificate would suffice B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Amber

is that the same for applicant and dependent as well

i have already proved as main applicant during my application , my dependent has masters from mumbai university will that be okay as i checked UKnaric requirement they ask to get letter from uni stating it was taught in english if we are going to get that whats the point of getting UKnaric letter is beyond my understanding :-) :mrgreen:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Yes, it is the same for any applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:09 pm

For any applicant, as long as the qualification is listed in PBS and you get minimum 20 points for qualification and 10 points for Eng Lang; you are good to go.

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Amber wrote:Yes, it is the same for any applicant.

Hi Amber

how do we fulfil this requirement, unlike previous form where you could tick "proved in initial application or its recognised on PBS now it doesnt give any such option

so theres no other way apart from UK naric..
for me i do have a letter dated back in 2008i guess both from my college and university that that course was taught in english although i never used it as i always attached PBS sheet

any suggesstion ?

is there a email address fr home office which we can ask and get response and if case workers denies then we can show them home office reply proof

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 pm

i dont think you can use PBS anymore.

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

Post by ubuntu fan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:26 pm

argus7 wrote:i dont think you can use PBS anymore.
Correct, it is not there for Tier 1 (G) anymore but one can use any other category (like Tier 2 or Tier 1 E) and claims points for degree + english language if it is awarded, irrespective of applicant's current category.

regards.

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi All,

I have booked premium service on May 1st 2015 for ILR.

I came to know from few friends that it is always good to have UK Naric letter, even though the Masters degree which I used for visa extension is listed in PBS. But now there is no PBS as such.

Can any one say if it is mandatory to have that letter?

Thanks for your time

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:28 pm

It appears that one of the forum members has received written confirmation from the settlement ops team, that you can still use the PBS printout along with degree certificate & cover letter. See the topic below...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84044.html

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks Guys for spending some time here.

Yesterday I checked on PB site, I went through by selecting Tier 2 General and selected my University, course... from the dropdown ,but I was not awarded any points. It is really shocking because I used same University and the course for my initial Tier 1 and extension.

Luckily, in 2013 June I have written IELTS General exam. From the application form, I came to know that I can use this exam as English language requirement, but if I look into section 4.8 am confused what to fill in those text boxes.

Any one has any ideas?

Thanks in advance