ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried because of last week of extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RScorpio

Worried because of last week of extension

Post by RScorpio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 am

I am considering to extend just because this being the last week to extend. I am due to apply for ilr almost a year later and have visa expiry date till that date, but am still worried. Have people also done extensions just for peace of mind?

krishna6693

Re: Worried because of last week of extension

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

This would be purely your individual decision. As long as you qualify for ILR by next year, I don't see any reason to worry or to apply for extension.

FYI - I applied for ILR and was successful yesterday. This has no relevance to the extension being ended.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 pm

I am extending because I don't have choice.
But for you.. well... If you are that worried, happy to afford money rather than worrying about that single driving mistake, switch to a tier-2 general if mess up... health impact due to unnecessary stress.. go ahead.. get it extended..

If you think.. you can handle and stop worrying.. then start living :)

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks, I wouldn't normally worry. But there is so much on the line. Also would it matter as I plan to only extend for myself and not my wife and kid? Should I mention anything in an application letter as I plan to apply by post and things shouldn't look odd when I apply for ilr for everyone? Any suggestions?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:24 pm

RScorpio wrote:Thanks, I wouldn't normally worry. But there is so much on the line. Also would it matter as I plan to only extend for myself and not my wife and kid? Should I mention anything in an application letter as I plan to apply by post and things shouldn't look odd when I apply for ilr for everyone? Any suggestions?
Nope, it wouldn't matter. No requirement to mention anything in a cover letter, but nothing wrong even if you do. UKVI will have no problems, you are making a straight forward extension application and they make money. Simple.

It depends on how risk averse you are vs affordability, so yes, your call eventually to pay the cost for your own peace of mind.

See below thread,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 82361.html
Cheers,
OR

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks O_Relly for your reply. I will send my application by special delivery this Saturday. Hope that is okay, if the forms reaches UKVI on 7th Apr as Monday is a bank holiday? Am also hoping to get approval and BRP in a few weeks time. Reading some of the recent timelines posted on this forum, UKVI seem to be sending decisions fairly quickly. Also how does UKVI return originals? Does special delivery envelope need to be enclosed for safe return?
Last edited by RScorpio on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alxale

Post by alxale » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Welcome to the redundant extension club.. the risks are few and unlikely (multiple FPNs, court fines, rule change after election) but there is too much at stake. I still hate paying so much and becoming a cash cow to the ukvi over the last few years. if you can vote this may , choose who you vote wisely

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:59 pm

As 6th Apr is a bank holiday, does it mean UKVI won't accept application if it reaches on 7th Apr even if it was posted earlier?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am

Date of postage is considered the date of apolication. Hold onto your postal receipt. If you courier it then, the date application is received by UKVI is considered the date of application.
Cheers,
OR

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks O_Relly. I posted the application yesterday using Royal Mail special delivery Saturday delivery. But I made an error in giving the courier address rather than PO Box one. The current status is showing as "Your item with reference XXXX has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries" so looks like it will be delivered on 7th as Monday is also Bank holiday. I hope Special delivery is not considered as courier, any thoughts?