ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REQUIREMENTS FOR A PARTNER OR FIANCE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Megumi24
Newly Registered

REQUIREMENTS FOR A PARTNER OR FIANCE VISA

Post by Megumi24 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello all.

I have some questions about these visas. I'm not sure which is the best one to get. I'm living in Colombia with my partner. I'm a British citizen and she is Colombian. We are unmarried and we have been living together for less than 2 years. We have a son who is now 2 years old and he has a british passport, so we just need a visa for my partner.

I understood that for the partner visa we need to be married and I need to be living and working in the UK for 6 months, earning over £18,600, before we can apply. Is this the case?

I spoke to an immigration charity in the UK and they told me that the fiance visa has similar requirements; however, I don't need to be in the UK for 6 months first, and we need a combined income of over £18,600 between me and my partner. Is this true? Can my partner apply for a partner visa whilst in the UK or will she need to return to Colombia first.

Also, does anybody know the process for getting married in the UK to a foreign national?

Thank you for all your help. I hope I have provided you with enough information to answer my questions.

Mark

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: REQUIREMENTS FOR A PARTNER OR FIANCE VISA

Post by physicskate » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 am

Megumi24 wrote:Hello all.

I have some questions about these visas. I'm not sure which is the best one to get. I'm living in Colombia with my partner. I'm a British citizen and she is Colombian. We are unmarried and we have been living together for less than 2 years. We have a son who is now 2 years old and he has a british passport, so we just need a visa for my partner.

I understood that for the partner visa we need to be married and I need to be living and working in the UK for 6 months, earning over £18,600, before we can apply. Is this the case?

I spoke to an immigration charity in the UK and they told me that the fiance visa has similar requirements; however, I don't need to be in the UK for 6 months first, and we need a combined income of over £18,600 between me and my partner. Is this true? Can my partner apply for a partner visa whilst in the UK or will she need to return to Colombia first.

Also, does anybody know the process for getting married in the UK to a foreign national?

Thank you for all your help. I hope I have provided you with enough information to answer my questions.

Mark
I suggest you go through the guidance on the UKVI website. There are a number of ways to meet the financial requirement - some of which do not require you to have been in the UK for 6 months already. The earnings requirements of a spouse visa and fiancé visa are the same. The real difference between the two visas is that a fiancé visa does not allow work (of any kind, including voluntary) and a spouse visa does...

FiancePh
Newly Registered

Post by FiancePh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Sorry for jumping into this post..I deperqtely need your help guys. My fiance is a British national. We are just concern about the required threshold my fiance worked for the same company for almost 5 years now but he's salary depends on how many hours he work for and get the salary everymonth so clearly he didn't get same salary every month. But he's p60 that he got last April is £27,000..
*my question is what category should we tick? Should it be category B.
*some of the months he don't have payslip coz he don't have work,would it be Okey if there's 2 missing payslip that we provide?but even if we don't have to 2 mos.payslip we met and exceed the required financial requirements..
I hope I can get some advise with matter from any of you guys.

FiancePh
Newly Registered

Post by FiancePh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello guys!!anyone read my previous post? Need your help/ your advise guys very very badly.

FiancePh
Newly Registered

Post by FiancePh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 pm

FiancePh wrote:Hello guys!!anyone read my previous post? Need your help/ your advise guys very very badly.