ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 G - Success Solihull 01/04/2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1o

ILR Tier 1 G - Success Solihull 01/04/2015

Post by tier1o » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Dear All

I am avid user of this forum and specially success stories; Fortunately, We had success today with our ILR.

We had our PEO appointment at Solihull today at 10am. Arrived at 920am and were allowed in. After getting token number, we had to wait 5 minutes for the case registration; the application form was briefly checked and photocopies of passport and other documents were asked which were already prepared in a separate folder.

Biometric registration was done in 10 minutes after registering the case. We had to wait 5 minutes and the lady asked us, that we are free to leave and will get a phone call when documents are ready for collection.

After an hour, received call from caseworker; she enquired about my two children as they were previously included in the application but I informed her that we will register them as British Citizen after we are granted ILR> She said, that's fine, and you will get a call to collect documents in 10 minutes. We received call after 10 minutes to collect documents.

The caseworker informed us, ILR granted and kindly check your documents.

I was granted Tier 1 G based on pre April 2010 rules and visa was stamped on 28/04/2010 - my ILR eligibility was on 31st March 2015 (28 days before 28/04/2015), I only skipped 1 day and applied on 1st April just to be on safe side. I have also included my wife in the application for the ILR. The whole process has taken around 1 and half hours.

I was in same employment throughout my 5-6 years of Tier 1 General, I have a Ltd company and business but have not included those earnings in the application. The absences in last 5 years were 51 days all in one go.

I think keeping everything simple will help you; the more you produce the more you have clarify and defend.

I would be happy to help with any queries you may have.

Thank you to everyone in this forum and specially the people running this great resource - fantastic place and highly praised and recommended.

Best wishes for now

iffi786

Re: ILR Tier 1 G - Success Solihull 01/04/2015

Post by iffi786 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Good news
In ur first and ist ext u were self emoloyed or just applied with employment
thanks

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Congratulations. Please could you include list of documents specially the co-habilitation documents?

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 pm

iffi786 wrote:Good news
In ur first and ist ext u were self emoloyed or just applied with employment
thanks
Thanks Dear, I have not shown other income than my employment as that was enough for scoring the required points.
hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Congratulations. Please could you include list of documents specially the co-habilitation documents?
Thanks hmsp_apr2010,

There were 25 co-hab documents provided but the caseworker only checked 5-7 joint bills...

GP letter, Electricity, Gas, Emirates and Birth Certificates of my 2 children were joint.... GP and birth certificates were old all other joint documents were pretty recent, 3-4 months old. other on individual names were old but those documents were not checked at all... If you have children, taking them to PEO is the biggest evidence of your co-hab.. its not a proof but will give hint to caseworker that the partners are living together.

I hope this helps

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi tier1o,

Many congratulations on your success for ILR.

I too have an appointment at Solihull on this Saturday. I'm still unclear about 'out of UK absences' question in the application; Please help me with the following question;

I have 70 days of absence in one go in the year 2012 (14 January - 23 March);this is not part of paid annual leave and not working for the same employer any more; Reason for absence - Visiting Family/Relatives (my father was ill and my family needed my support at the time but i don't have any documentary evidence that proves i looked after him for those 70 days hence the aforementioned reason) and
another 23 days in the year 2014; Reason for absence - My Marriage

Could you please tell me what to tick for the question 6.3 and do you think a self explanatory letter is enough as evidence for both absences.

Please give me some tips that might be helpful at this particular PEO.

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Kinda regards
k_tier1

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi tier1o,

Can you please put light on 5.3 section on the form?

What should we write there when you have two sources of income?

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:31 pm

k_tier1 wrote:Hi tier1o,

Many congratulations on your success for ILR.

k_tier1
Thank you, I already replied to your private message.. good luck.
UpToDate wrote:Hi tier1o,

Can you please put light on 5.3 section on the form?

What should we write there when you have two sources of income?
You could simply sumup the two values job 1 income + job 2 income and put that in the boxes;

I provided recent payslips (last two months) and 6 months saving account statement + mortgage letter. Salary slips should be more than enough for you.

I think LIUK + English Lang and Section 9 (your earnings) are the most important sections.

All the best

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi
Did you submit the Degree for English language attribute again?

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:45 pm

mnaeem126 wrote:Hi
Did you submit the Degree for English language attribute again?
Yes, that's very important along with your transcript.

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

Post by UKDOCTOR » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Congratulations to you on your successful ILR application.
I had the same query. i had applied for my daughters visa when i was applying for Tier 2 G Visa. My case also stands the same. I want to apply for ILR just for myself and my wife as my daughter was born here. Hence i was thinking once i get my ILR i will apply for BC for my daughter. I was confused what to actually do and if that would create any problems. But the phone call that you received was reassuring. probably the same will happen in my case as well. I will tell them that i will apply for my daughters BC after i get ILR.Have you applied for your kids BC? it takes about 3 months i guess to get it done... is that right?

Semper
Newly Registered

Post by Semper » Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 am

tier1o wrote: The absences in last 5 years were 51 days all in one go.

Congratulations! Just one quick question, please. What documents you provided for these 51 days?

Thank very much in advance!