ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application - original passport not returned

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tonyj1962
Newly Registered

passport application - original passport not returned

Post by Tonyj1962 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 pm

I was naturalized in Sep 2014, just got around to getting Irish passport, I submitted application along with Naturalisation Cert,Garda certified drivers license, 2 utility bills, and original passport.

I recieved Irish passport today after 3 weeks, along with original docs EXCEPT my original passport was missing from returned package.

I'm assuming the original passport should be returned. I submitted email to the passport office but have gotten no reply as of yet.

Anyone else experience similar situation? I have seen other posts here where people claimed not to have sent their passports at all.

Any idea who I can ring? I've tried the main passport office number but they have automated message only.

Thanks for any advice

Beachboy

Re: passport application - original passport not returned

Post by Beachboy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm

The original passport should have been returned.

Try contacting them via twitter https://twitter.com/PassportIRL/with_replies as they seem to be very active there.

Good luck

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:26 pm

I can also confirm your original passport should have been returned (and you were correct to send the original and not a copy).

When I applied both passports where returned to me in the same envelope, but the process might have changed? In any case do follow-up with them.

Tonyj1962
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyj1962 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks for replies. I made inquiries via email, and very quickly received information that passport was located and would be sent to me very quickly.