ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse option

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VFF

ILR Spouse option

Post by VFF » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:16 am

Hello Friends

I recently got ILR under long residence. I am applying for my son through MN(1) form.

I don't want to send my passport or brp card. Is it fine to send just the original approval letter and copies of bro and pp?

I have been told that I can do the above (using copies) only if I use NCS. Is that true?

My wife is in tier 1 general and will be eligible to apply for ILR in May 2016? Once she get ILR can she apply for naturalisation immediately as spouse of british citizen or she needs to wait for one year from date of ILR?

she will complete 10 years during next December so if I apply for her flr(m) and wait till dec 16 can she apply for naturalisation immediately?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Spouse option

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello Friends

I recently got ILR under long residence. I am applying for my son through MN(1) form.

I don't want to send my passport or brp card. Is it fine to send just the original approval letter and copies of bro and pp?

I have been told that I can do the above (using copies) only if I use NCS. Is that true?

thats not true u can send copies of your full passport including blank pages and brp with your child original documents .i did the same and got certificate without any problem .

My wife is in tier 1 general and will be eligible to apply for ILR in May 2016? Once she get ILR can she apply for naturalisation immediately as spouse of british citizen or she needs to wait for one year from date of ILR?
yes she can apply for naturalization straight away if she is legally residing here for 3 years

she will complete 10 years during next December so if I apply for her flr(m) and wait till dec 16 can she apply for naturalisation immediately?
ss

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Your wife can only apply for naturalisation as spouse of BC once you are BC and have attended your ceremony. You haven't mentioned when you got your ILR and you need 12 months on ILR before you can apply to naturalise.

If she applies for ILR when she reaches 10 years long residence (december 2015??) It will take a couple of months for her approval. When do you plan applying for citizenship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VFF

Post by VFF » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi SSWSZ

Thanks for your reply. Could you please confirm that if I just send the below document would be sufficient.

1.Full PP copy (do i need include old pp as well)
2.ILR BRP Copy
3.Child Birth Certificate
4. MN1 form, Fees, Photos, 2 Reference
Is that enough.

Thanks
SSWSZ wrote:Hello Friends

thats not true u can send copies of your full passport including blank pages and brp with your child original documents .i did the same and got certificate without any problem .

yes she can apply for naturalization straight away if she is legally residing here for 3 years

Application sent (ILR10): Mon 09/02/2015
application fee taken: Wed 11/02/2015
Acknowledgement received: 16/02/2015
Biometric invite received: 20/02/2015
Biometric recorded: 23/02/2015
Approval date: 31/03/2015
BRP: 02/04/2015

VFF

Post by VFF » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:24 pm

CR001 wrote:Your wife can only apply for naturalisation as spouse of BC once you are BC and have attended your ceremony. You haven't mentioned when you got your ILR and you need 12 months on ILR before you can apply to naturalise.

If she applies for ILR when she reaches 10 years long residence (december 2015??) It will take a couple of months for her approval. When do you plan applying for citizenship?
Hi CR001

Thanks for your reply, I should have been a bit clear with my question

I got ILR 5 days back and assuming that I will get my BC by May 2016.

question is once my wife gets ILR on her own right (Tier1 G or LR) can she apply for naturalisation as spouse of BC without waiting further 12 months after getting ILR.

Thanks
Application sent (ILR10): Mon 09/02/2015
application fee taken: Wed 11/02/2015
Acknowledgement received: 16/02/2015
Biometric invite received: 20/02/2015
Biometric recorded: 23/02/2015
Approval date: 31/03/2015
BRP: 02/04/2015