ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaysharmanyc2006

NARIC certificate

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I have called up NARIC regarding my degree and they have confimed that my professional degree (AMIE from The Institution of Engineers, Calcutta) is equivalent to British BE.
Do I need equivalent letter from NARIC or the reference to NARIC equivalence in my covering letter is sufficient?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

ajay sharma

tdpowers
Newly Registered

NARIC Certificate

Post by tdpowers » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:24 pm

I think it's probably a good idea to get a letter from NARIC especially since you're claiming education points on a credential other than a British degree. If you need help to get this letter, check out the following link.

http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=17

Good luck!!!

majic

Post by majic » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 am

Dear Ajay,

You should get a NARIC Letter. My reasons for stating this fact is that:

a) HSMP Team rejects cases for no reason. This letter will ensure / secure your points as far as EDUCATION section is concerned.

b) It will save you from hassels in long run.

Regards

ajaysharmanyc2006

NARIC certificate

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:13 am

hi,

thanks for your replies. I am not claiming educational point since i hv an mba and claiming 35 points for it.
I called up for equivalency to satisfy english language requirement. i got a english language certificate from my institute but just wanted to confirm that it is recognized as equivalent to british undergrad.
do u think i would need equivalent certificate for english language criteria?

thanks for ur replies.

ajay sharma

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:21 am

Ajay,
It isnt compulsory to send Naric letter alongwith your application, bcz caseworker has been equipped to check your equivalency directly from the data provided by Naric alone. for your own satisfaction or peace of mind you can call Naric to check wether your degree is equivalent to British one or not. you can find Naric phone number on their website.

In any case Naric is not going to give you any letter for English language, wether you choose to obtain Naric letter or getting info by phone. Only Case worker does have acces for Naric English equivalency data.

nsm2010

jagacharaja

Re: NARIC certificate

Post by jagacharaja » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:02 am

ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:hi,

thanks for your replies. I am not claiming educational point since i hv an mba and claiming 35 points for it.
I called up for equivalency to satisfy english language requirement. i got a english language certificate from my institute but just wanted to confirm that it is recognized as equivalent to british undergrad.
do u think i would need equivalent certificate for english language criteria?

thanks for ur replies.

ajay sharma
if i were you i'd still get the NARIC letter for peace of my mind. as another poster has mentioned these guys seem to have been rejecting apps for no good reason/s whatsoever, so i'd at least try to make sure they have no reason to deny my app outright. OTOH as yet another poster has mentioned they have the capability to access NARIC database, so if you are willing to trust that the caseworker will do his/her job properly, there's no need.

it's your call! good luck.

ajaysharmanyc2006

transcipt for english language requirement

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:27 pm

hi all,

thanks for your valuable input so far. one more question- do we need to send transcript of the undergrad exam along with certificate towards english language requirement?

I sincerely appreciate your replies.

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma

jagacharaja

Re: transcipt for english language requirement

Post by jagacharaja » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 pm

ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:hi all,

thanks for your valuable input so far. one more question- do we need to send transcript of the undergrad exam along with certificate towards english language requirement?

I sincerely appreciate your replies.

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma
to get NARIC letter - yes
for hsmp app - no - especially if you include the NARIC letter w/your app

rainmaster
Newly Registered

Post by rainmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi Ajay,

I hold a Chartered Engineer title from Institution for Mechanical Engineers ( India ). I understand that your degree was found equivalent to British BE. Did you just call up NARIC for qualification clarification and where they able to provide the necessary information readily?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:44 pm

The fact that U have got Chartered Engineer title from Institution for Mechanical Engineers ( India ) is irrelevant with the point that U will get from your degree. U might need it to get the job but not for HSMP
rainmaster wrote:Hi Ajay,

I hold a Chartered Engineer title from Institution for Mechanical Engineers ( India ). I understand that your degree was found equivalent to British BE. Did you just call up NARIC for qualification clarification and where they able to provide the necessary information readily?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pantaiema