ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahadrh
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by fahadrh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:35 am

Hello

i recently applied for my wife spouse visa which got rejected a few days ago.

but looking at the rejection letter i can see that they have got all my information wrong such as, my employer name they gave on rejection letter is completely wrong, meaning i work for Sainsbury and they wrote i work for UK Travel and MONEY EXCHANGE, apart from this all other information which they actually based to give decision is completely wrong.

i am thinking they mixed up my documents with someone else and gave decision.

has anyone been in similar situation like this or any advice for me ?

they also gave right to appeal

thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:40 am

Appeal process takes too much time it's better if u apply again . I know The situation close to yours but in that case they apply for father visit visa from home country and then recieve the letter with rejection which says u didn't provide any supporting document at all . My friend was really surprised as he has a very good job , house etc . After an year he got a call from some person that he buy his supporting documents through agent and used that papers to bring his family in uk . That man request my friend to come to court and give envidence that he will support his family which obviously my friend not accept at all and complain about him . Then after that he successfuly got visit visa for his parents .

So my suggestion is apply again with lots of proofs and reference number of this rejection letter as rules are changing day and night
ss

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 am

I would strongly advise you to appeal against the decision requesting that the Entry Clearance Office reconsiders. Explain that your application has obviously been confused with another. This should be rectified before it goes to appeal. If you re-apply you will have to pay the fee again. You may want to get your MP on your side. This often speeds things up if an error has been made, especially close to a General Election!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:34 am

As Casa states, you are best to appeal the decision. Hopefully this mistake is picked up by the Entry Clearance Manager as when an appeal is first submitted, the ECM reviews it before goes through the rest of the appeal process and can overturn the decision.

If you did re-apply again, not only would you have to pay the full fee visa again, but also pay a NHS surcharge (introduced on 6 April 2015) set at £200 per year, so £500 in total for the 2.5 year duration. This is in addition to the visa fee and payable in advance.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided