ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Home Office revoke ILR? Please suggest.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Siraj ud-Daulah

Can Home Office revoke ILR? Please suggest.

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could help urgently, please.

After graduating from a UK university with honours degree in 2005 I made a mistake of doing post graduate diploma from Cambridge College of Learning in 2007, instead of doing Masters from another university.

A mistake that still makes me feel very ashamed of myself, as I received my post study work permit in early 2008 - but by the end of 2008 college was blacklisted due to corruption.

I never received any letter from Home Office but instead of wasting time, I applied for high skilled migration in 2009 using my university degree and work experience - it was approved.

While on HSMP, I was married and my wife is British born citizen. My spouse visa was granted and also my ILR after three years.

I have applied for Naturalisation and did not mention about Cambridge College of Learning, but after not received any decision I tried contacting Home Office.

They replied :
“Greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications.  This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for naturalisation. Your case has been identified as such a case.”

I did my research and aware of the fact it is a generic email and Home Office is under huge backlog.

Yet, it doesn't help me to think and go paranoid. My questions are :

1. Can Home Office allege me of deception or suspicion and ban me from applying Naturalisation for 10 years?

2. Can Home Office revoke my ILR and deport me?

This was the one and only mistake I did in my entire stay in UK, never committed a crime, no speeding fines or even fracas. I have discussed options with my wife and family that should Home Office revoke ILR, we would have to sell our house and either move to Canada or else where. It is just not fair on her and she doesn't deserve it if this happens and I'll never be able to forgive myself.

I'd appreciate if someone could suggest or advise, much obliged.

Thanks,
Siraj

waiz89k

Re: Can Home Office revoke ILR? Please suggest.

Post by waiz89k » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Hi all,

I wonder if someone could help urgently, please.

After graduating from a UK university with honours degree in 2005 I made a mistake of doing post graduate diploma from Cambridge College of Learning in 2007, instead of doing Masters from another university.

A mistake that still makes me feel very ashamed of myself, as I received my post study work permit in early 2008 - but by the end of 2008 college was blacklisted due to corruption.

I never received any letter from Home Office but instead of wasting time, I applied for high skilled migration in 2009 using my university degree and work experience - it was approved.

While on HSMP, I was married and my wife is British born citizen. My spouse visa was granted and also my ILR after three years.

I have applied for Naturalisation and did not mention about Cambridge College of Learning, but after not received any decision I tried contacting Home Office.

They replied :
“Greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications.  This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for naturalisation. Your case has been identified as such a case.”

I did my research and aware of the fact it is a generic email and Home Office is under huge backlog.

Yet, it doesn't help me to think and go paranoid. My questions are :

1. Can Home Office allege me of deception or suspicion and ban me from applying Naturalisation for 10 years?

2. Can Home Office revoke my ILR and deport me?

This was the one and only mistake I did in my entire stay in UK, never committed a crime, no speeding fines or even fracas. I have discussed options with my wife and family that should Home Office revoke ILR, we would have to sell our house and either move to Canada or else where. It is just not fair on her and she doesn't deserve it if this happens and I'll never be able to forgive myself.

I'd appreciate if someone could suggest or advise, much obliged.

Thanks,
Siraj
HO may ban u for 10 years if deception has been used in ur previous applications. Cambridge college was one of the big and well known scams. There is no way that HO can find out that u have done ur course genuinely or vice virsa as college is now been closed but there were few students back then in 2008 got refused due to bogus diplomas and appealed against the decision in court and proved that their diplomas were geniune. But I am not sure how HO will react to it now, any senior member can comment on that better.

I personally dont think so that HO will revoke ur ILR or deport u as u got it through a british partner.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks a lot as per revoking ilr waiz89k, really appreciate it. A bit relieved now.

I know some of them were asked to regularise their visa and later they received citizenship before December 2014 changes. But on my case HO did not even send letter, can they allege everyone from 2007 batch for what happened to 2008 batch?

Can HO generalise everyone as deception from a banned institution? If my university lose licence would that mean HO would do the same for all previous students?

I wonder what Senior members could make of it :(

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Thanks a lot as per revoking ilr waiz89k, really appreciate it. A bit relieved now.

I know some of them were asked to regularise their visa and later they received citizenship before December 2014 changes. But on my case HO did not even send letter, can they allege everyone from 2007 batch for what happened to 2008 batch?

Can HO generalise everyone as deception from a banned institution? If my university lose licence would that mean HO would do the same for all previous students?

I dont think so HO can allege everyone even from 2008 batch coz there must be some genuine students too, its just the matter of proving the diploma genuine if taken to court coz court will decide on facts not that college was involved in the scam so all students were part of it too. its not a fault of a genuine student. BUT if u r talking about HO then HO is unpredictable as well as non-sense so u never know what they come out with. I dont think so u would have any problem as long as u have means to prove it genuine.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:53 pm

waiz89k wrote:
Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Thanks a lot as per revoking ilr waiz89k, really appreciate it. A bit relieved now.

I dont think so HO can allege everyone even from 2008 batch coz there must be some genuine students too, its just the matter of proving the diploma genuine if taken to court coz court will decide on facts not that college was involved in the scam so all students were part of it too. its not a fault of a genuine student. BUT if u r talking about HO then HO is unpredictable as well as non-sense so u never know what they come out with. I dont think so u would have any problem as long as u have means to prove it genuine.
Thanks a lot Waiz89, I really hope they don't allege me under deception :(

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Could a senior member please suggest as I'm very worried about the possible consequences of HO a reacting over a banned college :(

Siraj ud-Daulah

British Citizenship : Deception/Suspicion?

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi all,

After graduating from a UK university I did post graduate diploma from Cambridge College of Learning in 2007, I received my post study work permit in early 2008 - but by the end of 2008 college was blacklisted due to corruption. They cancelled many students visas.

I have applied for Naturalisation and did not mention about Cambridge College of Learning, but how would HO react to it
it? Can they allege me with deception or suspicion?

Thanks,
Siraj

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Here's my two cents (and may be comforting to you) - If HO was to take you to the court for deception etc., onus is on them to prove "beyond all reasonable doubts" that you used deception. With college closed, IMHO (and nothing more than that), you are likely to be on home run!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:58 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:Here's my two cents (and may be comforting to you) - If HO was to take you to the court for deception etc., onus is on them to prove "beyond all reasonable doubts" that you used deception. With college closed, IMHO (and nothing more than that), you are likely to be on home run!
Thanks for the heads up Rakeysh, much obliged.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:38 am

Yes they can revoke ILR but in your case you got your ILR as spouse of british citizen. You can fight your case in the court and most likely win.

They are unlikely to check your previous educational documents but It seems like it will be you who is going to tell them and get in trouble.

I will suggest you to don't panic,keep quite and wait. You cannot change anything by telling your stories to everyone. No one can help you on this matter.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 am

oocha wrote:Yes they can revoke ILR but in your case you got your ILR as spouse of british citizen. You can fight your case in the court and most likely win.

They are unlikely to check your previous educational documents but It seems like it will be you who is going to tell them and get in trouble.

I will suggest you to don't panic,keep quite and wait. You cannot change anything by telling your stories to everyone. No one can help you on this matter.
Thanks for reassuring, I'll keep calm and carry on :mrgreen:

RR17

Post by RR17 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
oocha wrote:Yes they can revoke ILR but in your case you got your ILR as spouse of british citizen. You can fight your case in the court and most likely win.

Thanks for reassuring, I'll keep calm and carry on :mrgreen:
Hi siraj, I left Private Message, Please Respond.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:14 pm

He can't respond or receive your PM until he's made 10 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RR17

Post by RR17 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Casa wrote:He can't respond or receive your PM until he's made 10 posts.
Thanks Casa for letting me know. I have a similar situation as Siraj.

@ Siraj, I was just wondering can you please share your email ID to share experiences and advices.
Many Thanks. RR

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:09 pm

please do update the forum with ur application's outcome or any news about it.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:33 am

Hi RR,

I'm not sure how many post I've made shop far but I'll try surpassing 10 so ill get the pm

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 am

Can Amber please suggest anything for all those ex students from colleges or universities that were banned after they left, if ho can refuse naturalisation on that ground, please?