ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landlord wants £150 plus VAT for no objection certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smithamol
Newly Registered

Landlord wants £150 plus VAT for no objection certificate

Post by smithamol » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:42 pm

I want to apply for my mother's family visit visa and contacted the estate agent who manages the poperty on behalf of the landlord for a no objection certificate to state that they are happy to allow my mother to live with us.

It is a 2 bedroom property and the agent said he is willing to do so, provided we pay him £150 plus VAT for the letter.

We have been renting the property for the past 7 years.

Are they allowed to charge this amount?

Please advise.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Landlord wants £150 plus VAT for no objection certificat

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Again, it is a general visitor visa nit family visitor visa.

Please dont start new threads on the szme topic for each question.

Estate agents can charge if they wish to, its not an immigration issue, so contact the RLA if you have concerns. Dont see why you need this, your mother will be visiting, not living with you which implies settlement. She needs proof of accommodation which is not overcrowded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.