ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New SET (0) form 06/15 English language change query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjm9691

New SET (0) form 06/15 English language change query

Post by mjm9691 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 am

As per the new form published 06/15 removed the option “A degree taught or researched in English” as part of Knowledge of language and life in the UK.

Only following options are available

SET(O) Version 04/15
Page 16
•An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK
or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR

▪You are a national of a majority English speaking country
(as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language

My question is that I have the letter from UKNARIC that my degree is equivalent to a UK bachelors degree but now do I have to get another certificate from NARIC that the degree is taught and researched in English. I do have a letter from my University that the degree was taught in English by which I got entry clearance Tier 2 (G) in 09/2010 and further extension for 3 years in 08/2013 under same NARIC letter. Same is the case for my PBS dependent wife. Will be applying for ILR soon after getting this sorted.

mjm9691

Re: New SET (0) form 06/15 English language change query

Post by mjm9691 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Please reply

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:03 am

Hi Guys,
I am also on the same boat , booked appoitnment in March for apppointment data on 18th April at Croydon.

I need following answers

1. Which form I need to use beofore 6th April or after 6th April 2010? as fees has increased after 6th April 2015.
2. What Option I need to chose for english requirment for me and my wife in new form after 6th April?
3. PBS calculator removed Tier 1 option so which option I need to choose to show that my and wife degree is in PBS calculator ?

Any other specfic req for this english?
I dont know why they keep changing the form so frequently and rather than making it easier they make it more diffcult :(.

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:08 am

ALREADY answered and concluded about this on various posts , answers inline
dkmca80 wrote:Hi Guys,
I am also on the same boat , booked appoitnment in March for apppointment data on 18th April at Croydon.

I need following answers

1. Which form I need to use beofore 6th April or after 6th April 2010? as fees has increased after 6th April 2015.
USE THE LATEST FORM
2. What Option I need to chose for english requirment for me and my wife in new form after 6th April?
IF YOU ARE RELYNG ON DEGREE , USE DEGREE DEEMED BY NARIC OPTION and NARIC CONFIRMED
3. PBS calculator removed Tier 1 option so which option I need to choose to show that my and wife degree is in PBS calculator ?

FOR ENGLISH LANGUGAGE - USE TIER 2 GENERAL

Any other specfic req for this english?
I dont know why they keep changing the form so frequently and rather than making it easier they make it more diffcult :(.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 am

Please read the existing posts before flogging this forum with redundant questions.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks Mate..

Has anyone went after 6th April 2015 for ILR with new form where both main and depdendent degree is outside UK and thats the only proof for English requirment ? I wanted to know few things? pls reply on dkmca80@gmail.com to avoid traffic in this forum.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Pls read this post. This should ans most of your questions. If u still have questions, feel free to post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84042.html

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes I have read those posts but still doesn't answer my question i.e what to tick in Naric has confirmed degree taught/researched in English ? Me and my wife's degree don't give 10 points on Pbs calculator but we have uk Naric letters and letters from our universities that degrees are taught in English. The only answer coming to my mind is to get another certificate from Naric that degree is taught in English by paying £55 again (English language assessment) ELA. On the other hand I have had entry clearance in 09/2010 and Ext 2013 by using the above proof on Tier 2 General. Just too confusing, please reply what to do.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Few questions pls:
Is your university listed in PBS - I assume Yes, but you are not getting the required 10 points for Eng?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_EXT.pdf
This is what is present in the latest guidance. I guess your NARIC one is SOC? Then you should be ok with the last point.

You can accept that a person has a relevant qualification if they provide:

A printout from the points-based calculator, confirming the equivalent level of the
degree, and that it was taught or researched in English. The printout must show the
degree has been awarded at least 20 points, and an additional 10 points for English
language
Or
If the degree is not on the points-based calculator: 
o An English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC, which will confirm that the
degree was taught in English. UK NARIC will only issue an ELA where they are
satisfied that the qualification is comparable to a UK Bachelor’s degree.
Or
o A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming the qualification is
equivalent to a UK qualification. They must also provide an original letter from the
university or awarding institution on official headed paper, confirming the applicant’s
name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.

chaitumkr

Post by chaitumkr » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:20 pm

krishna6693 ,

Now Tier 1 General Removed from PBS , For all other categories dont showing the Qulaification step .Which category we have to use it now to show the points for Qualification?

Regards,
Chaitumkr

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Use any other category for PBS calculator, and provide a line in cover letter about Tier 1 General closed on PBS and your use of a different category.
Tier 2 should be ok too..

I read the following in one of the posts..
Just talked to Home office on phone, for english langugae - we can use any other Tier 1 category for PBS calculator, and provide a line in cover letter about Tier 1 General closed on PBS and our use of a different category.

For fee - she confirmed, use latest form but the already paid old fee is still valid.

I was planning to use the PBS calculator for settlement for main applicant , but seems like I will not be able to and Its not really required. You can put everything in your cover letter and refer to guidnace and the points you get .

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Many thanks Krishna you have answered brilliantly and clearly

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:15 pm

All the best and keep us posted.

chaitumkr

Post by chaitumkr » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:16 am

krishna6693 wrote:Use any other category for PBS calculator, and provide a line in cover letter about Tier 1 General closed on PBS and your use of a different category.
Tier 2 should be ok too..

I read the following in one of the posts..
Just talked to Home office on phone, for english langugae - we can use any other Tier 1 category for PBS calculator, and provide a line in cover letter about Tier 1 General closed on PBS and our use of a different category.

For fee - she confirmed, use latest form but the already paid old fee is still valid.

I was planning to use the PBS calculator for settlement for main applicant , but seems like I will not be able to and Its not really required. You can put everything in your cover letter and refer to guidnace and the points you get .

Thanks Krishna,Do you have any sample cover letter for ILR Set(O) ?

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:26 am

chaitumkr

Post by chaitumkr » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello Krishna,

Thanks , I saw you submitted lot of documents . How did you managed to Mention everything in Documents list section ?

Thanks

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 pm

I didn't get your question. But will try to ans.
These were almost the same list of docs I submitted for my tier 1 extension with dependants but with latest dates. Hence I continued with those. In the last page of the application, there is a section to mention what docs we are submitting and how many. I left that page blank instead provided this list. Basically go through the application questions, support it with evidence and make a note in excel sheet. I submitted some of the docs as I felt it is safe to submit instead of keeping them at home. Since ILR is the last visa to remain in UK, I gave my best shot.
Also, HO retained this list. I asked for it, and they said they needed it.

Hope this answers your question.

Reading in this forum, I understand that many applicants were successful by keeping the docs list simple. Hence, many docs in this list are really not needed and I noticed they were untouched by CW.

chaitumkr

Post by chaitumkr » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 pm

krishna6693 wrote:I didn't get your question. But will try to ans.
These were almost the same list of docs I submitted for my tier 1 extension with dependants but with latest dates. Hence I continued with those. In the last page of the application, there is a section to mention what docs we are submitting and how many. I left that page blank instead provided this list. Basically go through the application questions, support it with evidence and make a note in excel sheet. I submitted some of the docs as I felt it is safe to submit instead of keeping them at home. Since ILR is the last visa to remain in UK, I gave my best shot.
Also, HO retained this list. I asked for it, and they said they needed it.

Hope this answers your question.

Reading in this forum, I understand that many applicants were successful by keeping the docs list simple. Hence, many docs in this list are really not needed and I noticed they were untouched by CW.
Thanks , I am talking about "Photographs and documents checklist" Do we need fill this , I dont see much lines availabe to mention all document names.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I guess you are referring to page 83. I replied to this question mate. I left this section blank in the application instead provided my list.

chaitumkr

Post by chaitumkr » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:45 pm

krishna6693 wrote:I guess you are referring to page 83. I replied to this question mate. I left this section blank in the application instead provided my list.
Thanks mate.