ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Postal application made before 06/04/2015 within UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

recyclebin
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Postal application made before 06/04/2015 within UK

Post by recyclebin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please advise what would happen in my case?

I recently got ILR (through Tier 1 General 5 years route) so I have posted FLR(M) Visa application for my wife through Royal Mail (Special Delivery) on 1st April, 2015. The application was reached on 2nd April 2015 at 09:15 AM, but the payment wasn't deducted from my account yet.

I am little confused with the following statement in the Home Office Immigration Health Surcharge document https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... b_v1.2.pdf :
The surcharge will be introduced on 6 April 2015. It will apply to applications where
payment is made on or after the 6 April. The health surcharge will be set at £200 a
year for temporary migrants and £150 a year for students. Dependants will
generally be charged the same amount as their main applicant. The total surcharge
amount for the whole period of leave granted will be payable upfront.
The application was made (through post) before 6th April 2015 (i.e. before the new rule came into effect), but the payment will be processing after 6th April (i.e. after the new rule), I am little puzzled in understanding what would happen in this scenario. As far as I know, the date of post was the date of application, but not sure about the payment date for the postal application.

Also, nothing mentioned on the application form about the NHS surcharge.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sat

WR1

Re: FLR(M) Postal application made before 06/04/2015 within

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Don't worry about it. The date of posting is taken as the date of application.

Since you made the application before the health surcharge came into effect from 6 April 2015, you are not liable to pay the charge. It is irrelevant when the payment is taken. The statement from the Home Office is poorly worded.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 am

Hi
What about those peoples whose booked appointment for same day services at peo on 31 march for 20 April same day services and has paid flr m application fees upfront at the time of booking 1001.00
Do they have to pay NHS surcharge also when they attend Croydon office on 20th April
Any senior plz shed on this

recyclebin
Newly Registered

Post by recyclebin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 am

Thank you very much for your reply, WR1.