ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of birth on approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neesheel
India

Place of birth on approval letter

Post by Neesheel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello,
In my naturalisation approval letter place of birth is the 'state' instead of city, followed by country. State and country are correct but I assumed place of birth would be town/city/village and not state!
Wondering if this could be a problem later at any point?
For British Passport application ?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Place of birth on approval letter

Post by fwd079 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:19 pm

How did you write it in your AN application form?

Personally I would request to leave it as is to keep matters flowing instead of delaying, attend ceremony and become British Citizen and get Certificate, afterwards you can apply for replacement certificate if wish to do so.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Neesheel
India

Re: Place of birth on approval letter

Post by Neesheel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm

In the AN form I filled as per my current passport. And my passport has city and state both!

Yes that's what the approval letter says that I will have to attend ceremony and then request for any change on the naturalisation certificate.The only thing I am concerned about is for British Passport!