ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa (general visitor) application documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leechouchou
Newly Registered

Family visit visa (general visitor) application documents

Post by leechouchou » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I have invited my mother to visit me and my husband in the UK this summer. She has refused to come many times before, but eventually we made an agreement with her that she only stays here for two months and then we will LET HER GO.

I have filled in the online application form which is pretty much straightforward. I will be her sole financial sponsor and provide her accommodation as well

The visa application website although provides some useful information, I still want to double check with everyone here regarding the support documents, as I have seen some cases here talking about being refused for family visitor visa.

The following is the list of documents that my mother will submit for her visa application.
1. her passport and copy
2. her saving account bank book
3. her rental income receipts (she has no other source of income, and she has never made any contracts with the tenants)
4. The certificate of the ownership of the apartment (the owner is my father, he will not visit me this year, hopefully next time)
5. one passport photo with her signature on the back
6. Visa Application form
7. the copy of my passport
8. copies of my last four month payslips
9. copies of our bank account statements and saving account statements
10. Copy of Valuation certificate of the apartment that we own
11. Invitation letter

I have been told that the more she has on her saving accounts, the better, same rule applies to me. I am wondering if anyone could give me a rough figure how much we should have on the saving accounts? How much shall my mum have on her saving account? And shall we both keep the saving accounts for at least fourth months before she can apply for the visa. From my own experience, the Home Office seems to be just interested in my regular income, as long as I keep having salary coming in monthly, they are happy with that.

Can anyone help me with this please? I really want my mum to come here this year, because she is not getting any younger and I want her to come here and to have a special treat, just relax and do nothing.

Thanks in advance

L

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Family visit visa (general visitor) application document

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Does your mother have any other evidence she can show to prove her ties to her home country. (This is to ensure that her intent to return after her holiday is clear to the ECO considering her application.). The more she has the better... E.g. if the apartment is both your parents names that could be shown as a tie, any other commitments she has in her home country?

Note that as you are sponsoring her entire trip, the finances you show will be used to support that sponsorship. The valuation of your apartment would not be required IMHO.
Edit: To support accommodation sponsorship, do however include your mortgage statement/deed, council tax statement.

Independent to that the finances your mother shows (e.g. Savings, rental income etc...) would be more to indicate that she intends to return, I.e. One of her ties to her home country.

leechouchou
Newly Registered

Re: Family visit visa (general visitor) application document

Post by leechouchou » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:27 am

Thanks a lot, cs95tdg.

I will double check with my parents re: those details.
Another question is that I have read many people said they had to book the flight tickets when handing in the visitor visa application. I plan to book the ticket and buy the travel insurance after my mother gets visa and I will address this in the invitation letter. I am wondering if this would be acceptable for them?

Thanks in advance.