ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar.ramu4
Newly Registered

British citizenship

Post by kumar.ramu4 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to apply UK citizen ship in June 2015. I have got ILR in June 2014 after 5 years completion.
I and my spouse have taken mutual divorce in India due to some personal reasons in march 2014. Presently spouse is living in india. i have not informed about my divorce to Home office while applying ILR and later also.
My queries are
1 Do i need to inform about divorce before applying citizenship or not?
2.Is it fine if i mention divorce details in citizenship application directly without informing before ?
3.What i have to mention in 1.42 section "reason for the ending of your previous marriage/civil partnership" on application"?(Don't have any reason in Divorce judgement copy)
4. I have n't married again . do i need to mention single or divorce?
5.Do i need to submit any proof of documents for divorce while applying citizenship?
I am requesting experts of this forum , please give me your suggestions to above queries.

please let me know if you need any information.

Thanks,
Ramu.

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Re: British citizenship

Post by MrBrilliant » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Ramu,

I had a similar situation, I asked my solicitor when I applied and here are the answers:
1. No, generally there is no need to inform the home office about changes to your marital status in-between applications. (I am assuming that your ILR and citizenship is not based on your marriage!)
2. Yes just mention it in the application form.
3. According to my solicitor just write "end of relationship" or something similar. You don't have to write a lot of details about why the relationship did not work out or why you broke up.
4. Tell the truth, you are divorced.
5. No, it's not necessary, unless they ask for it. (Which is unlikely.) Just make sure all the details about your date of divorce and personal details of your ex-wife are correct, otherwise it can cause problems for you later on if she comes into the UK and gives different details.

Good luck, and I hope you find a better wife in the near future ;)

kumar.ramu4
Newly Registered

Post by kumar.ramu4 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:56 am

Hi MrBrilliant,
Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Regards,
Ramu

kumar.ramu4
Newly Registered

Child British Passport Query

Post by kumar.ramu4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 am

Hi All,
I have British Passport and my wife has Spouse visa.I am planning to Apply visa for my child( Age-6 Months ) from india to live in UK. But i am not sure which visa need to Apply( Can i apply directly British Passport in india or Do i need to follow normal visa process like India Passport -->UK Visa--ILR--> Citizenship--> UK Passport)
Can anybody Please tell me the Process for Child Visa/British Passport?

Thanks,
Ramu

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 am

If they had granted your naturalisation before your child was born, then your child is automatically British. A British citizen may apply for either a British passport or a CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.