ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character Bailiff warrant for bus lane

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Good character Bailiff warrant for bus lane

Post by sabeekj » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi all, I have applied for my naturalization today ..but few questions -- have I done the right thing? Apologies for long email..
I had a bus lane penalty in Jan 2012 which was missed due to change of address and had the bailiff notice in June 2012 on my car , which I called them immediately and paid in 2 installment..which I should have appealed but those bailiff notice was scary and stressful..
I applied today and I said on the form I don't have any civil or county court judgement but I explained the bus lane fine and bailiff in the additional section the page after the question of county court judgement..
I did that because I spoke to the bailiff company today and they they said it's not issued by court and it's not a county court judgement..
I also spoke to traffic enforcement centre in Northampton , as the bailiff notice said they were instructed a warrant of control by TEC..she confirmed a warrant of control was issued in May 2012 and expired in May 2013..I did ask her is it a court judgement or county court judgement? she confirmed its a warrant and not a CCJ..
Also I checked my credit report and trust online website if any court related records are recorded and nothing has been recorded ...
so I assumed I have done the right choice...Any suggestions or should I have done something different?? Will I get my application refused??

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Good character Bailiff warrant for bus lane

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:36 am

I cant tell you about decision, but you have mentioned the incident in your application, so nothing is hidden, that's what is important.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Re: Good character Bailiff warrant for bus lane

Post by sabeekj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Thank you very much fwd079.
Appreciate for taking time. As I was not sure , thought I would mention in the application form just in case if they think I should you said yes to county judgement..so at least I got something to say I was not hiding anything..
Thanks again..