ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric enrolment for applications made before 6th April

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theprideofpak

biometric enrolment for applications made before 6th April

Post by theprideofpak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 am

i applied before 6th april through ncs, do i still have to give biometrics? thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: biometric enrolment for applications made before 6th Apr

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:32 am

theprideofpak wrote:i applied before 6th april through ncs, do i still have to give biometrics? thanks
Most probably not. When did Home Office receive your application?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:16 pm

fwd079 wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:i applied before 6th april through ncs, do i still have to give biometrics? thanks
Most probably not. When did Home Office receive your application?
i dont know for sure when, i applied through ncs sunderland and i flew away next day for 5 weeks, hence i dont know the reference number or anything so that i can check the received date.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:39 pm

theprideofpak wrote: i dont know for sure when, i applied through ncs sunderland and i flew away next day for 5 weeks, hence i dont know the reference number or anything so that i can check the received date.
Most NCS's give you tracking number of their Royal Mail Recorded Signed for delivery on your receipt.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm

theprideofpak wrote:i dont know for sure when, i applied through ncs sunderland and i flew away next day for 5 weeks, hence i dont know the reference number or anything so that i can check the received date.
Did the NCS staff not give you a tracking number when you submitted you application & supporting documents)? If not I would call them to find out. As a guide for you, if your application was delivered to the HO by April 2nd you should not need to submit Biometrics as the new form & fee came into effect from April 6th (after the Easter break).

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:i dont know for sure when, i applied through ncs sunderland and i flew away next day for 5 weeks, hence i dont know the reference number or anything so that i can check the received date.
Did the NCS staff not give you a tracking number when you submitted you application & supporting documents)? If not I would call them to find out. As a guide for you, if your application was delivered to the HO by April 2nd you should not need to submit Biometrics as the new form & fee came into effect from April 6th (after the Easter break).
finally the fees has been taken which means that the application is in process. i will receive the acknowledgement in few days as well. i am out of country hence cant get the tracking number and they did not gave me any tracking number there and then.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:13 am

theprideofpak wrote:
finally the fees has been taken which means that the application is in process. i will receive the acknowledgement in few days as well. i am out of country hence cant get the tracking number and they did not gave me any tracking number there and then.
Good news. I guess that if they took new fees then you'd be asked for Biometric, otherwise not. Keep us posted please.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi there, I'm applying for my naturalisation next week and I just found out about the new changes. I need to travel for work for about 2 months after I have submitted my documents. My question is, will NCS keep my permanent residence biometric card? Can I travel after I have applied?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Hi there, I'm applying for my naturalisation next week and I just found out about the new changes. I need to travel for work for about 2 months after I have submitted my documents. My question is, will NCS keep my permanent residence biometric card? Can I travel after I have applied?
You will get it back once they have made a copy of it. However, if you are away, how will you be able to enrol your biometrics once they send you the letter??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:43 pm

Thanks for the response. Very helpful. Regarding biometric enrolment, there is someone here to recieve my post. I can travel back for a week to do that. That should be alright I guess?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks you. Really appreciate you taking time out and responding to my queries.

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Mon May 18, 2015 6:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Should be fine yes.
Hi

Looks like 15 days given to complete the Biometric process from the date mentioned in the letter. I am applying for me and my 2 children. They are very likely to be away from the UK on vacation in India after applying through NCS. I can complete my Bio on-time. Is there an option to delay or get additional time to get my kids biometric done. Will there be an issue if I delay this process to get my kids registration completed or any other complication, Please advise an approach

Best Regards
Rosdean