ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner Visa Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

singma33
United Kingdom

Partner Visa Help

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi

I just completed 2 years of living together with my partner who is a British citizen.

I am currently on a Tier 2 Visa which expires next April however, since I want to change jobs I am looking to apply for the partner visa. With the partner visa, there is a financial requirement of £18,600. My partner on his own owns more than £18,600. Does this mean that we only need to submit his work details even if I work as well?

Please can you let me know, thank you.

singma33
United Kingdom

Partner Visa Help

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi

I just completed 2 years of living together with my partner who is a British citizen.

I am currently on a Tier 2 Visa which expires next April however, since I want to change jobs I am looking to apply for the partner visa. With the partner visa, there is a financial requirement of £18,600. My partner on his own owns more than £18,600. Does this mean that we only need to submit his work details even if I work as well?

Please can you let me know, thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Partner Visa Help

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:23 pm

U can submit both.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:27 pm

is it required to submit a letter from employer confirming the wage?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Of course.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 pm

I want to change jobs and I am afraid if I ask for a letter confirming my wage, they would not like this (they will suspect I might change jobs) will I get a reject if I don't submit the letter and only submit my payslips/contract?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:38 am

See requirements in Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:54 pm

I read the requirements and it does say letter from employer confirming wage and payslip
However even if I work as well I want to rely on his wage. Do I need to submit my work details too?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:50 am

Please, anyone have any suggestions?

So I will explain my situation in detail again.

I am currently on a Tier 2 sponsor visa with my employer but looking to switch to unmarried partner visa.

My partner is a British Citizen and he earns £90K+ per year. On my earnings, my gross wage is £17,400 which is not enough. (Including bonus+commission I make about gross £30K but I read online that bonuses are not taken into account.)

I want to use my partners income as the financial requirement of £18,600. Even if I am currently working, can I only submit his details? I can submit both of our details but I may not ask for a reference regarding my wage. Are payslips and employment contracts not enough?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 am

You can just submit your partner's financial info if he meets the requirement alone.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you for your reply SoHopeful.

Is that because the unmarried partner visa is like your partner sponsoring you? So the funds your partner earns is what matters more? Sorry I am just worried that if I don't submit mine I may get rejected but if my partner's alone is ok I am relieved!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 am

singma33 wrote:Thank you for your reply SoHopeful.

Is that because the unmarried partner visa is like your partner sponsoring you? So the funds your partner earns is what matters more? Sorry I am just worried that if I don't submit mine I may get rejected but if my partner's alone is ok I am relieved!
Yes, just same as wife/husband visa.

Tough to get though, you need to make absolutely sure you fulfil the criteria, there are no 'near enoughs' with this visa.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 am

Thank you for your reply Wanderer.

So, if I meet the following requirements below I should be fine?
1. Financial requirement- My partner has payslips for 6 months and can get a letter from employer.
2. Evidence of living together for 2 years- We just completed this about 1 week ago. I have the housing contracts for the 2 years to submit.
3. Evidence of English language- I studied here in the UK Undergraduate and hold a BMus degree in Music. (do I still need to apply for UK Naric or is this enough with the certificate and transcripts as my degree was taught in English)
3. Other evidence- what do I need to submit? Photos/email communications are useful as evidence?
4. Passports/photos- I have them already.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. I am planning to do the same day application at home office.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 am

You need, I think, 6 documents each showing a common address, joint names preferred, spread evenly over the two years, from sources such as utility companies, Council, etc, not like blockbuster video if possible lol!

You'll need a letter from uni confirming course and instruction in English etc, we never bothered with photos/emails etc, just what was asked for.

Was three years ago when we applied tho so take council!

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 pm

But my University was in the UK, do I still need confirmation from the University?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Jasmine

Can you please help me?

So I am concerned. My wage annual is £17400 so it is not enough.
I want to depend on my partner's wage as he earns above the minimum required.

Is it ok that I just submit his wage?
I read that this visa purely depends on your partners income to support the applicant so I hope it should be fine?

Please let me know what you submitted?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Please anyone advice?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 am

Could someone please advise???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 am

singma33 wrote:Hi Jasmine

Can you please help me?

I read that this visa purely depends on your partners income to support the applicant so I hope it should be fine?

Is he in UK?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am

Yes he is in the UK and is a British Citizen.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 am

singma33 wrote:Yes he is in the UK and is a British Citizen.
Then yes, use his earnings.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Anyone please help?

singma33
United Kingdom

FLR(M) Urgent Query

Post by singma33 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi,

I booked my premium appointment for mid April.
I am going to apply for unmarried partner visa.

Can you please confirm if the below are enough as supporting documents?
1. Bank statements/pay slips/letter form employer/employment contract (My partners- as he is earning over £18600) I will also submit mine as well but I would like to just rely on his income as I do not earn enough to meet the minimum income. Should I note this in a letter form with the application?

2. Examples of 6 correspondence addressed items- I have Council tax bills, British gas bills, and 2 housing contracts (as we lived in 2 different places over the 2 years). these are the only 4 items we have under both of our names. I have gathered other documents that our under each of our names to the 2 addresses, if I have couple of these should it be ok?

3. Passports and 2 photos of myself and 1 from my sponsor

4. Biometric residence permit- (the current one I have is under Tier 2 sponsor). I have not told my employer yet that I am changing my visa. Should it be no problem if I tell them after I get the visa?

5. Certificate and transcripts of English requirement- (I have my UK degree certificate and transcript)

SoHopeful

Re: FLR(M) Urgent Query

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 pm

singma33 wrote:Hi,

I booked my premium appointment for mid April.
I am going to apply for unmarried partner visa.

Can you please confirm if the below are enough as supporting documents?
1. Bank statements/pay slips/letter form employer/employment contract (My partners- as he is earning over £18600) I will also submit mine as well but I would like to just rely on his income as I do not earn enough to meet the minimum income. Should I note this in a letter form with the application?

If you are only relying on your partner's income then just include his financial info. Don't confuse things.

2. Examples of 6 correspondence addressed items- I have Council tax bills, British gas bills, and 2 housing contracts (as we lived in 2 different places over the 2 years). these are the only 4 items we have under both of our names. I have gathered other documents that our under each of our names to the 2 addresses, if I have couple of these should it be ok?

Letters addressed to each of you individually are fine... to replace one joint letter you would need two separate.

3. Passports and 2 photos of myself and 1 from my sponsor

If that is what they request then yes.

4. Biometric residence permit- (the current one I have is under Tier 2 sponsor). I have not told my employer yet that I am changing my visa. Should it be no problem if I tell them after I get the visa?
It would be best to let them know and confirm that the visa will allow you to continue working as that's all they woulf be concerned about.

5. Certificate and transcripts of English requirement- (I have my UK degree certificate and transcript)

singma33
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Urgent Query

Post by singma33 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Thank you for your reply.

But I work in the UK as well, so someone else replied to a post I made previously saying that I should include my employment details as well just in case to be honest even if I want to rely on my partners income.