ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another Life in the UK last/first name error

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leeloy88

Another Life in the UK last/first name error

Post by leeloy88 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 pm

So this seems like a common enough problem. Because on the website, they ask for Last name first, then First name. So for those who didn't read it carefully enough would got the 2 switched around :(.

I did my test and passed and the certificate got my first and last names the other way around. All other info is correct.

From reading the forum, most people just retook the test for peace of mind. However the person at the test centre told me not to worried he made a note in the system.

Can I please get some advice on this, esp those with same problem but didn't retake the test and still ok with their ILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Another Life in the UK last/first name error

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:09 pm

If the names match your passport then you will be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:28 pm

CR001 wrote:If the names match your passport then you will be fine.
The name matches the passport exactly but just in wrong order. Instead of AB C its now C AB.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Should not be an issue at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

toseef
Newly Registered

Post by toseef » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi,

I have passed my life in uk test but I made a mistake while regitering my self on life in uk test. I accidentally put my first name as last and last as first and it appear same on my life in uk test certificate. Please tell me what should as I have to apply for ILR in 2 month time. I rang Life in uk test people they said that i need to attached a letter with my application when I apply for ILR. please help!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm

toseef wrote:Hi,

I have passed my life in uk test but I made a mistake while regitering my self on life in uk test. I accidentally put my first name as last and last as first and it appear same on my life in uk test certificate. Please tell me what should as I have to apply for ILR in 2 month time. I rang Life in uk test people they said that i need to attached a letter with my application when I apply for ILR. please help!!!
Should be fine as long as the names still match what is in your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

toseef
Newly Registered

Post by toseef » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi,

I use my driving license while registering and yes my name match with it but its in wrong order :(