ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Main applicant extn while dependent waits until ILR?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rnaveen_82
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Main applicant extn while dependent waits until ILR?

Post by rnaveen_82 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi

I have extended my Tier 1 General Visa till 01-Apr-2018 ,but did not extend my wife's as i am eligible for ILR in March,2016. Her dependent Visa on my old Tier-1 PBS is valid till 14-Mar-2016.

We are both eligible to apply for ILR in March,2016 .

Now the question is Can I go for ILR directly for my wife on her current dependent visa? or do i need to extend her Tier-1 PBS dependent to make it inline with my current tier-1 expiry (which is on 01-Apr-2018).

Does her dependent visa on my old Tier-1 PBS still stand valid? Or should she go for a visa extension as well because , as i(the main applicant) have gotten mine extended?

Thanks
Nav

pranav.vaidya

Re: Tier 1 Main applicant extn while dependent waits until I

Post by pranav.vaidya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 pm

HI,

No need to renew your wife's visa as long as she is eligible for ILR with you in March 2016.

Make sure she satisfies all necessary requirements for ILR dependent before March 2016 such as Life in UK test, English Language requirement, co-habitation requirement etc.

You have bear in mind HO might change ILR dependent eligibility rules from now till you apply, would be worth checking the rules in Jan 2016 to make sure your wife can still apply for ILR.

On a cautious side, your wife's ILR application would be just couple of weeks before her leave to remain expires. If something goes wrong with your ILR applications (hopefully everything goes fine) you should be prepared to extend her Tier-1 dependent leave to remain.

All the best.

rnaveen_82
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Main applicant extn while dependent waits until I

Post by rnaveen_82 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks Pranav for your quick response.

Nav