ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Form to use for DL Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rizcon

Which Form to use for DL Extension

Post by Rizcon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:31 am

Hello to all members and seniors.

I was granted Discretionary Leave following a failed Assylum application before July, 2012. I want to extend my leave for another 3 years.
Could any one please guide me that which form should I use as I was granted DL before new rules in July 2012. I just saw the latest application form and there is no mention of Transitional Arrangements for those who were granted DL before July 2012.Further more, it's completely different form as compare to the last version of the same form.
Also, willI I have to pay the fee for the extension of my 3 years DL as in the recent past, it was free to apply for the extension of DL?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which Form to use for DL Extension

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:28 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:16 am

Amber wrote:FLR(DL).
Hello Amber

Thank you for your reply. So, it means I have to pay the fees and NHS charges for me and children even I was granted DL before April 2012 following a failed Asylum application on the basis of Article 8, which was granted well before the new rules?

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Rizcon wrote:Hello to all members and seniors.

I was granted Discretionary Leave following a failed Assylum application before July, 2012. I want to extend my leave for another 3 years.
Could any one please guide me that which form should I use as I was granted DL before new rules in July 2012. I just saw the latest application form and there is no mention of Transitional Arrangements for those who were granted DL before July 2012.Further more, it's completely different form as compare to the last version of the same form.
Also, willI I have to pay the fee for the extension of my 3 years DL as in the recent past, it was free to apply for the extension of DL?
Just to update all of you that I got the extension for further 3 years by the Grace of God.
I am thankful to all Gurus here especially "Obie" who helped me a lot to file my case for the further extension as I had no clue how to fight for the further extension.It was almost impossible for me to get the extension without his/her help.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Congratulations. I am totally unaware in what way I might have assisted, but pleased that I might have made a difference and that most importantly, your application succeeded.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors