ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone with non-custodial convictions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

Anyone with non-custodial convictions?

Post by skilachi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone with non-custodial convictions and has recently applied for BC or looking to apply soon?

Please share your experience.

Got a DR10 conviction in Aug 10th 2012 and hoping to apply come this Aug 2015 since it will be 3yrs has lapsed from date of conviction with no other convictions.

hellonewhere

Re: Anyone with non-custodial convictions?

Post by hellonewhere » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi

I have the same conviction like you.

I got ILR in 2011 on 10 years long residency.

I waited for three years to lapse and applied for BC in June 2014.

I haven't received the decision yet.

The caseworker wrote to me on 01/04/2015 and requested for some additional evidence of residence as my passport got stolen so applied for BC with only an affidated copy of ILR and a new passport which was blank.

I posted the requested documents yesterday.

I will post here once I receive the outcome.

I have no idea what the decision will be. But whatever it will be, it won't be the end of the world for me. Yes waiting for such a long time has made me accept certain facts :evil:

Good luck for August!

tinuola77
Newly Registered

Post by tinuola77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi you 2,

Both of you will be fine as I was once in both of you shoes but at the end of my tunnel I see the bright light which shine on my waiting list, last week I got my approval after waiting for 8month bcos of my non- custodian offence but at d end of the day it was approved.

My advices for both of u is to trust in your God n it shall be well with both of u.

I wish both of u good luck.

Cheers

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:14 pm

^^^ thank you kindly.